Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: CHaP/Ignis Energy meeting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by bcsman View Post
    yes,i agree.i think the coucil have been very dodgy about this,we need to know exactly where we stand and what protection we have.
    wish i never got this heating installed now,its just been a shambles from the very start,some people should be held accountable for this mess
    Hi .Do you think the folk of Wick would be up for starting an ACTION GROUP to get the answers to the question they have .They could also put together a group that could put forward plans to take over the project as the council have clearly broken the rules ? We need someone in Wick to push things on before Ignis do a runner with what little machinery thats left ....We need a Wick Community Champion to step froward ...

well if the council have broken the rules they should be held accountable,there certainly seems to be some shady dealings going on here with minimal information to the public.
    i would like to know where all the people in power who set up this shambles are hiding now,like rats deserting a sinking ship seems to come to mind.
    millions of pounds out of the public purse have been wasted on this fiasco,who is/was in charge.
    i cant understand it.
    get these people who started this CHaP to a meeting and let them explain why they thought this heating system was going to work and why it cost so much and why did they wash their hands of it as soon as it looked like it was going to fail.

ok,what can we do to find out where we stand?i am one of the few who have paid for this heating to be installed,i fear that i am up the creek without a paddle,does anyone else feel this way?
    surely there is something we can do?

ok,what can we do to find out where we stand?i am one of the few who have paid for this heating to be installed,i fear that i am up the creek without a paddle,does anyone else feel this way?
    I am also a private tenant who invested £3K in installing this system in my house, when sold it wasn't sold as a short term 5yr lifespan but it really does seem like the end!
    At the meeting Ignis seemed to be a decent plan but as I have little knowledge of this system i'm really in the dark, reading the posts on here about there companies and the ongoing director changes, debt etc. really worries me.
    As stated the council seem to have taken a total disregard to the tendering requirements and it appears they still haven't learned any lessons. They failed in the first instance and its not looking to good now.

Someone with a knowledge of what is happening with this systems is what we need.
    The council seem to be selling us down the river.

It wont just affect the private households as if this system fails the council will have to install an alternative e.g wet electric heating and this will severely increase the tenants heating costs probably at least doubling the current £9.80/wk.

This affects all 247 chap households. Lets get some answers so we can see how this plan will take shape and the true viability of it. If the council have been doing it by the book then they'l have nothing to hide.
    Last edited by Macwull; 05-Feb-11 at 18:00.
    Its all good!!!
    It'l soon be Friday!! !!

bcsman : I emailed the Council about the ChaP/Ignis matter and pointed out they had infact broken their own and Government rules
    on more that one occasion and they had NOT ACTED IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST.I got a swift reply "DELIVERY STATUS FAILURE",so i tried many other council addresses and it was much the same .I phone the HQ and was asked "what was the matter in connection with , when i said Ignis/ChaP " the phone went dead .
    It looks like someone or some people dont want thing to come to light or answer question that would see them out of a job ...The Plot Thickens

hi dozy
    a bad start to the day im afraid,no hot water to shower and no heating,the usuall exscuse from CHap is"oh,the alarm system must have been turned off"ive heard this a few times now.
    it looks like the council are goin to go throught with this no matter if they have broken their own rules or not.
    what is the number for the HQ?i will call them to see if i get the response as you.
    there certainly seems to be some sinister forces at work here.

has anyone else had the same problem as dozy has had with the council?
    i am going to call tomorrow to find out what is happening if i get the same response as dozy i.e. phoned slammed down on me,i will weigh up my options and see what i can do to take matters further.

can anyone who is affected by this help me to put pen to paper and write a letter to those in power.we need to find out what is happening,if there is underhanded dealings by the council or CHaP/Ignis.
    a letter to MP's MEP's media etc will soon let these people know we mean buissness,we have to stand together,untited we divided we fall and all that.sons of wick,we have come here as free men but what will you do without heating?sorry,got abit carried away,but seriously lets start with a good worded letter,i would appreciate help on this matter.
    thanks.

i am going to call tomorrow to find out what is happening if i get the same response as dozy i.e. phoned slammed down on me,i will weigh up my options and see what i can do to take matters further.
    bcsman:As folk on the ORG and those who read the local/national papers i had words with Councillors Smith on many occasions over some years.
    When Steve Barron was investigating the CHaP fiasco i contacted him and he stated that there was NO mention of my name in ANY Council paperwork.He also stated that he that never been told that the Project had ever been questioned .So who removed my name and articles and to what ends ,any paperwork that would paint the councillors in a bad light was deleted ...

http://www.highland.gov.uk/businessi...ompanies/chap/

Perhaps the above link might be helpful.

Default Heating

Well, what is the problem, heating about a tenner a week and it is so hot we have to open windows? Well some are not complaining. We are we have oil and it costs a fair bit

Quote Originally Posted by catran View Post
    Well, what is the problem, heating about a tenner a week and it is so hot we have to open windows? Well some are not complaining. We are we have oil and it costs a fair bit
    When I initially got sold the heating i was told it would be cheaper than my storage heating and would be sustainable. right now with the council pouring hundreds of thousands in per year it is not.

The probem is: I like most people am a tax paying citizen and agree that the council shouldnt be pouring money into it. the council need to sort this out once and for all and not be allowed to make another ***** up like they did initially.
    Last edited by Macwull; 19-Feb-11 at 09:37.
    Its all good!!!
    It'l soon be Friday!! !!