Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Christmas has been cancelled, official!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I wonder if it is ironic that the leader of the christian church was based in Rome, after christ was killed on the orders of those based in Rome.

Quote Originally Posted by theone View Post
    I wonder if it is ironic that the leader of the christian church was based in Rome, after christ was killed on the orders of those based in Rome.
    I am sorry I do not understand you statement, as far as I know the Pope in Rome is not the head of the Christian Church, there is no one head, but many all over the world
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    I am sorry I do not understand you statement, as far as I know the Pope in Rome is not the head of the Christian Church, there is no one head, but many all over the world
    Very true, that's one reason why I'm not sure if there is irony there.

But "back then" there wasn't so many sects of christianity, protestantism, lutherianism (sp) etc were many centuries away. I would have thought that the pope could be called the head of the christian church 300AD ish.

But then again, I'm no biblical scholar!

Christmas, Baa-Humbug.

Christmas is here for one reason only. For everyone to get drunk and get seriously in debt and fight amongst us.

We celebrate a man called Santa, anagram of Satan. He's playing with you all.

Joking by the way. Merry Crimbo to all the orgers and family
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    I agree with golach.