Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Aol

Default Aol

Does anyone up here, especially in the Wick area get the broadband speed promised by AOL?

Quote Originally Posted by Rourkee View Post
    Does anyone up here, especially in the Wick area get the broadband speed promised by AOL?
    You are joking?.

Default Aol

I use AOL and have found the internet connection quite quick, and despite what folk say have never had pants service when things go wrong at all! and no I don't work for AOL!

Default Aol

No. AOL are like Marmite.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

I get on avarage 7.2 with aol in wick

Quote Originally Posted by Kirdon View Post
    You are joking?.

No I am not. I pay for up to 8 meg, my line will do 6.5 meg and I get less than 1 meg during the day and 2 meg when everyone goes to bed!
    I have been promised an engineer will call me on Tuesday evening, can't wait it should be an interesting conversation!!

No I am not. I pay for up to 8 meg, my line will do 6.5 meg and I get less than 1 meg during the day and 2 meg when everyone goes to bed!
    I have been promised an engineer will call me on Tuesday evening, can't wait it should be an interesting conversation!!
    Good luck.

I was paying the platinum package which is 8mb, fact is that my line doesn't support it so why pay for it? I just went for the gold package instead which was quite reasonable.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

ive had aol since 1996 and never had a problem with them always get over 800kb far better than the con that is bt broadband or talktalk...
    i used to have the 2 mb package i phoned em up told aol i could get bt 8mb for 2 quid dearer so what aol did was offer me 8mb and phone calls for same price i was payin i declined the phne calls part n just got my speed upgraded never had a problem since