Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: What are your thoughts on Ukraine? Is it too political to ask?

Default What are your thoughts on Ukraine? Is it too political to ask?

It's pretty quiet in here, so I am just posting this to get a conversation going. If you don't like the topic, please just ignore this post. And to be clear, I live in Caithness and I'm not Russian or Ukrainian - and I'm not trolling!!!! I saw this video on X today and it appears to be a soldier surrendering, who is then taken out by a drone for surrendering. It is not really clear which side did what, but either way, I am pretty sure what just happened here is a war crime of some sort no matter which side is responsible. https://twitter.com/MyLordBebo/statu...72523557810590

Default My thots..

NATO, led by America wants to add Ukraine so they can put ‘Missiles etc., on the Borders of Russia. Similar issue happened early 60’s when Russia wanted to put Missiles in Cuba. Nowadays the whole thing is much more dangerous.BTW…’War Crimes’ are in many places.
    Last edited by The Horseman; 21-Jun-24 at 01:15.

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    NATO, led by America wants to add Ukraine so they can put ‘Missiles etc., on the Borders of Russia. Similar issue happened early 60’s when Russia wanted to put Missiles in Cuba. Nowadays the whole thing is much more dangerous.BTW…’War Crimes’ are in many places.
    Good points. Have you seen this Piers Morgan's clip? "Economics professor and author Jeffrey Sachs has spent too long in the geo-political arena to take the official US policy on Russia’s invasion of Ukraine at face value. He calls for negotiations in regards to Vladimir Putin’s recent ‘peace’ deal, which demands that Ukraine hand over large swathes of land to Russia." -- Having researched and read about it myself, I agree with Jeffrey Sachs that the USA is to blame for the situation in Ukraine. They absolutely overthrew the elected government and have since turned the Ukraine into a giant money-laundering playground. It's a very interesting interview by which I am not certain that Piers is seeing the big picture here. I think, in my humble opinion, the USA wants war.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mULVrUGh6wo
    Last edited by WickyWoman; 21-Jun-24 at 12:42.

I think history teaches us ALL sides commit war crimes. I know it's only Hollywood, but you see it happen in plenty of war films, take Saving Private Ryan, the Gi's turn a flame thrower on surrendering Germans coming out of a pill box overlooking one of the Normandy beaches and the Sergeant tells his men NOT to shoot them, let them burn.As an aside, I think many of us expect WW3 within a year, government installing emergency alert app for 'flooding and other disasters', right, pull the other one. Press telling us to 'prep' for national emergencies, even encouraging us to buy powerful crossbows to 'kill rabbits' and saying specifically 'not for defence against looters'! This time I am taking heed and not getting caught out like we all did with the Covid lockdowns, I've filled the cupboards, bought gallons of bottled water and ordered a 'rabbit killer'!

Default Great interview.

That explains it all.America cannot continue..It is $34 TRILLION in Debt plus much more….hidden.One day things will change.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    I think history teaches us ALL sides commit war crimes. I know it's only Hollywood, but you see it happen in plenty of war films, take Saving Private Ryan, the Gi's turn a flame thrower on surrendering Germans coming out of a pill box overlooking one of the Normandy beaches and the Sergeant tells his men NOT to shoot them, let them burn.As an aside, I think many of us expect WW3 within a year, government installing emergency alert app for 'flooding and other disasters', right, pull the other one. Press telling us to 'prep' for national emergencies, even encouraging us to buy powerful crossbows to 'kill rabbits' and saying specifically 'not for defence against looters'! This time I am taking heed and not getting caught out like we all did with the Covid lockdowns, I've filled the cupboards, bought gallons of bottled water and ordered a 'rabbit killer'!
    I think a lot of people would agree with you, for certain. It makes me angry that the whole world needs to live in constant fear over WW3, and it's the innocent people, the regular citizens, that will face the brutal consequences of that outcome. The rich people have already made plans, they have bunkers, they have supplies, they have a refuge far away from the hot zones. I don't make fun of anyone that takes the time to prepare to be self-sufficient for a few days during unexpected events. I think Covid taught us all that we need to be, at least somewhat, responsible for ourselves. REGARDING WW3, I am hoping and praying that Trump gets into office because he will put an end to this mess we are in, which is absolultely a situation created by the Biden administration in the United States. There is a reason why, if the election was held today, Trump would win. It's because the American people have had enough of the corruption under the Biden administration. Biden can't even string two words together, so many people would like to know who is actually running the show in the United States? There are hundreds of videos showing how incompetent he is and all the White House said this week in a press interview is that all of the videos are CHEAP FAKES and Biden didn't do any of those things. They say this even though EU news agencies captured the footage themselves. What is the White House thinking? Do they really think they can cover up the fact that Biden is fading quickly? I would not be surprised at all if they take him out of the race and slide in Michelle Obama or Hillary Clinton at the last moment before the upcoming US elections in November. The United States is an absolute mess and I truly believe if Trump gets elected that WW3 will be averted. Did you see this interview last week? It is baffling to me that the mainstream media says nothing but bad things about him, but if you actually pay attention to what he is saying -- I totally, 100% understand why he will probably be elected, even if Biden and the U.S. Department of Justice manage to put him in prison during the election. There is no law that he can't get elected while in prision, that's America for you. Anyway, this is a good interview and I hope very much he can stop WW3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkBkgqt_mT0

Default German Weapons Manufacturer Gets 8.5 Billion Euro Order for Artillery.

German weapons manufacturer Rheinmetall said Thursday it received a record 8.5 billion euro ($9.1 billion) order for artillery ammunition from the country's armed forces, with some destined for allies including Ukraine. The order from the military, which is in the midst of an overhaul triggered by Russia's war in Ukraine, is for 155 mm rounds. The commonly used rounds are crucial for Ukraine's outgunned forces, which have suffered battlefield setbacks against Moscow in recent times amid manpower and ammunition shortages. "The main purpose of the order is to replenish the stocks held by the Bundeswehr and its allies, as well as to provide support to Ukraine in its defence campaign," said Rheinmetall in a statement. Rheinmetall chief executive Armin Papperger hailed "the largest order in our company's recent history". FULL ARTICLE: https://www.spacewar.com/reports/Ger...order_999.html

Default Firestorm erupts on US Senate floor over Bill requiring women to sign up for draft

Default France's Thales signs three agreements with ukrainian industry to support war

Everyone is sending more weapons. Even the Biden administration announced this week that it is diverting arms meant for other countries to give them to the Ukraine because the US is LOW ON SUPPLIES if you can believe it. https://www.thalesgroup.com/en/world...inian-industry

Default Biden Administration Bans U.S. Based Russian Security Software

While the Biden administration has not been able to provide any evidence, it is using new powers to ban Kaspersky computer securtity software, saying that is is used to collect and weaponize the personal information of users. While no incidents have been reported and Kaspersky is taking legal action to save its company, the Biden administration fears a cyber attack from Russia. More here: https://www.reuters.com/technology/b...ys-2024-06-20/
    Last edited by WickyWoman; 21-Jun-24 at 17:10.

Default War is Big Business!

Yes it is….There are Lobbyists in all Governments and they pave the way for how much is spent on weapons.America is still trying to control The World…It will end badly.They are giving $Billions to Countries to keep themselves ‘Relevant’. There is a sad end coming.

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak, Labour's Sir Keir Starmer and Lib Dem leader Sir Ed Davey have something to say about Reform party leader Nigel Farage expressed views on the subject: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c722pn07w99o

Default Saw that…

Quote Originally Posted by ecb View Post
    Prime Minister Rishi Sunak, Labour's Sir Keir Starmer and Lib Dem leader Sir Ed Davey have something to say about Reform party leader Nigel Farage expressed views on the subject: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c722pn07w99o
    A Hint of Truth!