It may be that I am a prude. I do not think that I am for I am a very liberal sort of person in my views.

But truly I am getting fed up with the amount of bad language in our newspapers - and in the media generally.

There are words that I was brought up not to use in company - and indeed if the children in our family use those words they are roundly told off.

But the moral high ground seems to be disappearing from under our feet as our great national dailies regularly use language that I am no stranger to, but imho should not be appearing in the national press.

Some years ago I shrugged when one of the big broadsheets began to use the F word on a regular basis- and now they use the C word, which as far as I am concerned is a great social taboo and never to be used out of context, and never in polite mix of people.

Look I have worked on farms and warehouses and building sites and have done my fair share of effing and blinding, but it seems to me and always has that there is a line where you just become a pottymouth.

And that is crude and unimaginative.

Some of our high flying journalists seem to use 'words' these days as a way of getting attention like a naughty little child, just for effect, then stepping back with a smile to see what the reaction will be to their dropping a whoopsie. Comedians often do the same.

And if you object then you are thought illiberal.

I am getting a little fed up with moral relativism lately - and perhaps more intolerant as I get older- but I think using swearwords and stuff society still sees as filthy language in newspapers is irresponsible, degrades our cultural life, and gives the wrong example to young people.

And I think they should exercise some responsibility and stop it.

So I think I will write to the editor of the Guardian and tell him why I am not going to buy his paper any more.

OK - so I'm a Fascist - sue me!