Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Labour - 'A Future Fair for All'

Default Labour - 'A Future Fair for All'

Apparently the news today is that the Gordon Brown has told labour activists to prepare for the next general election using the slogan 'A Future Fair for All'. Is this a justifiable slogan given the unfairness his government is said to have created since 1997?
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Gronnuck View Post
    Apparently the news today is that the Gordon Brown has told labour activists to prepare for the next general election using the slogan 'A Future Fair for All'. Is this a justifiable slogan given the unfairness his government is said to have created since 1997?
    No, he is a muppet I thought we had agreed that

I'm looking forward to the future fair - I believe it comes to Wick Riverside for a few weeks in the summer around the time of the Gala Week.

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyDan View Post
    I'm looking forward to the future fair - I believe it comes to Wick Riverside for a few weeks in the summer around the time of the Gala Week.
    and even thats an unfair fair
    if it wasnt for pubs it would be tescos for us all

Quote Originally Posted by Gronnuck View Post
    yeah it would be a fair future, he knows he will loose and it would be fair to let another party take the helm.........perhaps
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

A future fair for all, where it largely tends to be doctors, laywers, accountants etc, that get into positions of power within Government. So a future fair for all makes me think of another cliche...everyones equal-just some are more equal than others.

That's just not fair!

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
    yeah it would be a fair future, he knows he will loose and it would be fair to let another party take the helm.........perhaps
    But what party ? It'll just be same-old same-old. A spot of anarchy for a while wouldn't go amiss.

The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.