Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Winter Olympics

Default 2010 Winter Olympics

Any sporty, orgers keen on keeping up with the latest news on the Vancouver Winter Olympics? I know my sis is mad on the skating!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnSncdPP8VY
    Last edited by Stavro; 12-Feb-10 at 18:05.

I enjoy it all really but I especially like watching the luge and the ski jump.

Possibly because they both seem such terrifying and really unlikely sports!

The downside is that I feel quite chilly enough already without seeing more snow and ice. I think viewing will mean snuggling under the duvet with plenty of hot drinks and snacks....

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post

The downside is that I feel quite chilly enough already without seeing more snow and ice. I think viewing will mean snuggling under the duvet with plenty of hot drinks and snacks....
    I think that they were forced to import a whole load of snow - don't know how they do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavro View Post
    I think that they were forced to import a whole load of snow - don't know how they do that.
    'Trucks' - big trucks which in a normal winter are used to haul the snow away as the streets are plowed. My daughter mentioned air transport as well. We'll be watching for her in the crowds, especially at the curling venues where she has tickets. At least I think that it was curling tickets which she charged to my VISA account about 6 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    'Trucks' - big trucks which in a normal winter are used to haul the snow away as the streets are plowed. My daughter mentioned air transport as well. We'll be watching for her in the crowds, especially at the curling venues where she has tickets. At least I think that it was curling tickets which she charged to my VISA account about 6 months ago.
    Tut, tut, Canuck. You should not let others use your card or account, you know.

Me - I'm really looking forward to it. I shall be up watching the opening ceremony tonight. My step-mom sent some Olympipc mittens but my pair were too small so I am hoping to get a bigger pair.
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post

I noticed that one luge competitor died today in practise,very sad x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I noticed that one luge competitor died today in practise,very sad x
    That is very sad, Thumper. I hadn't noticed that until now - I've just found a link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olym...ge/8513595.stm

Quote Originally Posted by Ricco View Post
    Tut, tut, Canuck. You should not let others use your card or account, you know.

Me - I'm really looking forward to it. I shall be up watching the opening ceremony tonight. My step-mom sent some Olympipc mittens but my pair were too small so I am hoping to get a bigger pair.
    Aren't the Olympic mittens wonderful? I have been wearing mine and getting some strange looks here in Edi. Hopefully a larger size will arrive for you soon.

he crashed going about 90 miles per hour... have seen the video and pics.. very graphic.. and shows how very dangerous it is.. he was only 21... there is talk or georgia pulling out. .but do not know if that is just rumours or not
    http://itqueries.com/

getting back on thread I love the ice skating too stavro
    life may not be a party be while were here we might as well dance!!

Quote Originally Posted by BRIE View Post
    getting back on thread I love the ice skating too stavro
    Thanks for getting this back on track (absolutely no pun intended), BRIE.

I am not too keen on the individual stuff, because they have to be so technical that you spend the whole time expecting them to fall over any second. Pairs are great, but my favourite is ice dance.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Stavro View Post
    Aaldtimer, you are confusing me with another poster. I never criticized Boozeburgler (for your information, I agree with him).
    Sorry Stavro, my apologies...confused.com!
    Should have been MA that message was for.
    ...well, it was late!
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

Quote Originally Posted by Aaldtimer View Post
    Sorry Stavro, my apologies...confused.com!
    Should have been MA that message was for.
    ...well, it was late!
    Fair enough.

I have just watched my recording of the opening ceremony - tears in my eyes. Wonderful graphics, choreography and technical harmonisation. Hope you saw it, Canuck!

Wish I could get it on video.

Ricco, I found your mittens.

I saw only the BBC replay of the opening ceremonies. I'll have to find the full show. I was talking to a colleague from BC this afternoon. He said that it was spectacular.

Fingers, toes - everything else crossed in hope of a gold medal soon.

I usually enjoy watching but if they are going to continue with the ridiculous music,I thought the TV was about to burst into flames, I for one will either be watching with the sound off or not watching at all.

Several posts have been removed from this thread.

If you have any problem with this decision, please direct your questions to Moderator via the PM system.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Ricco, I found your mittens.

I saw only the BBC replay of the opening ceremonies. I'll have to find the full show. I was talking to a colleague from BC this afternoon. He said that it was spectacular.

Fingers, toes - everything else crossed in hope of a gold medal soon.
    Canuck - you will find it Here.

A friend's daughter is currently visiting the Olympics as part of her honeymoon...yes, she's a sporty girl!

Her pal, Gill Cooke, is competing with Nicola Miniciello in the bobsleigh -GB two woman team - so I'll be crossing my fingers for them. Hope they do well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast