Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: Who should be the new rector of Wick High School?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tony Blair

3 4.48%
  • Jordan and Alex

7 10.45%
  • Rheghead

11 16.42%
  • John Terry

4 5.97%
  • A triumvirate of the Org's conspiracy theorists

6 8.96%
  • Bill Fernie

18 26.87%
  • Albus Dumbledore and Severus Snape

17 25.37%
  • Stephen Hawking

1 1.49%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who should be the new rector of Wick High?

Default Who should be the new rector of Wick High?

According to the Groat....
    WICK High School looks set to be without a rector at the helm for a number of months

:

A Highland Council spokesperson confirmed yesterday that none of the six candidates had got through to the second stage of the interview process and that the local authority would be re-advertising as soon as possible.
    No candidates forward for Wick post

I think it's about time the Org helped out. We can surely find them a person or persons to run the school until they uncover a great talent to take over one of our county's most important establishments.

Who can we think of that has plenty to say but is currently either unemployed or under employed, or has recently experienced a change of circumstances that has given them time to burn?

I'll provide the short list. You decide who gets the job.

Wot, no poll?

I think In my honest opinion that what Wick High School needs is some fresh blood in as a new rector. Someone who dosnt pussy foot around being friends with everyone gets the school and staff whipped into shape and takes it up to a better standard. Thats my opinion.
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

Is this another dodgy poll Crayola

What about Rheghead ?? When he was a member on here he posted a lot- now hes got time to go outside & see the real world, I think he gets my vote. If he makes a hips of it , I wont hesitate to let him know
    Cmey e Scorries

Maybe Gordon Brown will be looking for a new job soon. From the sounds of it he seems to fit the bill. He's certainly pushy enough and I can't see him being friends with anyone lol
    Lives of great men all remind us, we can make our lives sublime, and, departing, leave behind us, footprints on the sands of time.
    Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Winehouse View Post
    Is this another dodgy poll Crayola

What about Rheghead ?? When he was a member on here he posted a lot- now hes got time to go outside & see the real world, I think he gets my vote. If he makes a hips of it , I wont hesitate to let him know
    He's already on the short list. Great minds think alike eh?

Quote Originally Posted by emb123 View Post
    Maybe Gordon Brown will be looking for a new job soon. From the sounds of it he seems to fit the bill. He's certainly pushy enough and I can't see him being friends with anyone lol
    He's not out of a job. Yet.

On the other hand his predecessor missed out on the top EU job recently.

Just leave the little sods to me..........

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post
    Just leave the little sods to me..........
    Oh I can see your first introductions as the head.............

and the trebuchet ?

Just out of curiosity, who make up the triumvirate?

What a pity that Prof. Baikie isn't going for the job himself. They need someone with his credentials and the tenacity to stop all the nonsense and get on with building a decent school and rebuilding the reputation of Wick High as an establishment that produces first rate scholars.

Prof Baikie would seem the obvious candidate to me. Crayola, please amend your poll.
    We paid for his education, now it's time for some compensation...
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

I've already tried to amend it but there isn't an option to do so.

You paid for my education too, can I have the job? On second thoughts most of my higher education was paid for by Mirror readers and I wouldn't want them to get the job.

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    You paid for my education too, can I have the job? On second thoughts most of my higher education was paid for by Mirror readers and I wouldn't want them to get the job.
    Ah but you're not here, and you're not spearheading. Also you're not a professor (?)
    Daily Mirror readers?? - Explain please?

Where I am should be neither here nor there if I were the best candidate but I'm not so I won't pursue that avenue.

I paid my way through uni courtesy of the 'readers' of a certain red top. It wasn't my proudest moment but it paid for a decent flat in Finchley and better food, drink and clothes than my peers.

What, like.... boobies???
    I bet the parent council meetings would be full...

I may have considered voting on this poll. Truth is. Crayola has no clue.

Actually I do. I know one of the six. I wouldn't have hired him either.

Quote Originally Posted by telfordstar View Post
    I think In my honest opinion that what Wick High School needs is some fresh blood in as a new rector. Someone who dosnt pussy foot around being friends with everyone gets the school and staff whipped into shape and takes it up to a better standard. Thats my opinion.
    Couuld hardly accuse Mr Traill of pussy footing around. The school made excellent progress under him in a short time. He sorted out many of the long standing discipline issues and just a pity he did not have a few more years left in hm before retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland View Post
    Oh I can see your first introductions as the head.............

and the trebuchet ?

Trebuchet good.

The sling will be large enough to fit two of the little darlings in. The target is the harbour.

Forced marching, manners, plus developing a questioning mind and independant thinking will be the mainstay of my academic year.

Trebuchet good.

The sling will be large enough to fit two of the little darlings in. The target is the harbour.

Ah but northener they lost the use of the swimming pool at the high school a few years ago which means some of the darlings cant swim......................... or is that the plan.

Forced marching, manners, plus developing a questioning mind and independant thinking will be the mainstay of my academic year.
    Errm when can you start ? I believe the post is vacant and a prompt start would be an advantage..........oh and are you any good with bricks and mortar as there may well be a small building project coming off ?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast