Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Which dongle?

Unhappy Which dongle?

I would like some idea's on which is the best dongle to use for my laptap, when we come up home (Thurso) in a few weeks time.

My 3 and O2 both work well in Thurso.

Default which dongle

Thanks Boozeburglar,

Please excuse my ignorance but is a dongle what you need to access the internet on laptop from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Bucket View Post
    Please excuse my ignorance but is a dongle what you need to access the internet on laptop from a distance
    The dongle allows your laptop to be connect wirlessley to the mobile phone network.
    I have vodafone pay as you go dongle £15 per gb and it doesnt expire after 30 days like most dongle providers and 1gb last ages provideing your not downloading.
    3 dongle has poor coverage 02 is ok had that on my phone for year got internet most of the times but i think vodfone is the best all rounder

Thank you Eddie perhaps you could tell me how to or where to get this I happen to have vodafone pay as you go so what would I have to do to go wireless. I struggle a bit with this sort of thing and the young ones in my life go to fast for me when explaining. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Bucket View Post
    Thank you Eddie perhaps you could tell me how to or where to get this I happen to have vodafone pay as you go so what would I have to do to go wireless. I struggle a bit with this sort of thing and the young ones in my life go to fast for me when explaining. Thank you
    Once you get the dongle you just put it in the usb slot and it downloads the software to make it to work
    Website below

http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/stor...ory_oid=-37494

But you have to remember to top up when you need to because if u go onto the internet with no credit its very expensive its stupid amount of money per mb

Thanks again I will get one the first time I get to currys which may be some time. Cant be bothered waiting about for deliverys. Iwill let you know howI get on.

Also when u buy a dongle you have to phone up vodafone and register with them and give your credit card details just so they no your over 18 because if you dont you are restricted to website that are under 18.
    A simple test is go on to william hill website thats an over 18s site i think vodafone does this to stop a kid buying a dongle and getting up to no good.

Thank you will do