Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introducing Frodo

1. Default Introducing Frodo

Frodo was rescued last june from a farm in aberdeenshire he was one of a group of 27ish horses found in terrible state with dead carcasses etc all around. He has been in the hands of the ILPH or world horse welfare as they are now known. His dam had to PTS due to her condition.
    He arrived with me yesterday and has settled in fantastically and travelled like a star.

He is 13.2hh and is approx 14/15mths old. His dam was a TB and his sire was a welsh D.

Cara & Bracken

Default Frodo

Oh he looks like a sweetie, good luck with his rehab, will look forward to seeing his progress with you. Sad start but now he has landed on his feet and will start to bloom once you get going with him!

Bless u both...well done.Hope to see more pix soon.

Oh I saw that on the news when it happened, it was sooo awful! Happy ending for Frodo though!

Smile

He's lovely and love his colour too i had a welsh d that colour !
    All the best with him keep us posted with his progress, looks like his going to make a nice size too !

Talking Awwwwwwww

he looks lovely good 4 u for giving him a home .........well done you

7. Default

Thankyou for the comments, im just glad im able to bring him on and i would urge anyone that is experienced and maybe looking to buy to try the ilph first as they have so many horses and ponies needing homes, the centre in aberdeenshire currently has 74.
    They only ask for a donation and after that they are yours unless you need to give them back for what ever reason.
    x

Cara & Bracken

I too saw these poor souls highlighted on television.........what a wonderful thing you have done in giving this lovely chap a much needed home and safe future...............I hope many more are homed through you posting this lovely happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by cameroncara View Post
    im just glad im able to bring him on
    x
    So awful the dam didn't make it.
    I remember my sister brought this horrific story of abuse, neglect and unbelievable cruelty to my attention and I was shocked!
    'Frodo' looks happy and contented now. You are doing a great job.

10. Default 5 mths on...............

Quote Originally Posted by cameroncara View Post
    Frodo was rescued last june from a farm in aberdeenshire he was one of a group of 27ish horses found in terrible state with dead carcasses etc all around. He has been in the hands of the ILPH or world horse welfare as they are now known. His dam had to PTS due to her condition.
    He arrived with me yesterday and has settled in fantastically and travelled like a star.

He is 13.2hh and is approx 14/15mths old. His dam was a TB and his sire was a welsh D.

Well its now been 5 months since Frodo arrived and i have put on recent pics of him, he is doing fantastic and he is booked for his 1st show in a months time more for experience and building his confidence.

I really feel that he is now happy.

Cara & Bracken

He looks great,what a difference, when an animal is happy ,it shows. Good luck to you both

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jovi View Post
    He looks great,what a difference, when an animal is happy ,it shows. Good luck to you both
    Thankyou for the lovely cmment he has brought me as much joy as i hope i have brought him x

Cara & Bracken

Thumbs up omg

he looks fantastic well done u . u deserve a pat on the back for the condition u have now got him in and for taking him on .like i say he looks great

Wow what a difference! Thank God for lovely people like you who give an animal who has had an awful time the chance to see what life is like in a loving home.

Well done and good luck at the show. Whatever happens Frodo is a winner!
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

What a difference in just 5 months Well done for bringing out the best in Frodo
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

wow.he looks like a different horse!
    well done,looks like you are lucky to have each other!

what a difference in him - the pictures dont look like the same horse. I am delighted this boy ended up with you. Well done

What a really bonny boy, Cameroncara!

As all the others have already said on here - a huge well done to you on taking in Frodo and giving him such a happy life !

God Bless You XX
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

Smile

Wow what a difference 5months make and he's totally change colour too....!!!

i can't believe hes the same horse! well done you,you must really know your stuff!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast