Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cat burglar....

Default Cat burglar....

Literally! Just got home to find my kitchen in a complete tip,things broken,smashed,etc and a rather smug black cat sitting on the bloody table!He/she was of course totally spaced out after opening and strewing around an entire packet of cat nip but then had the cheek to hiss at me when I tried to chuck it outside,all the time MY cat and dog were sitting together in the dogs cage terrified while this demon cat wrecked my house,yes I know its my fault that it can get in but I have never seen one cat make so much mess and destroy so much stuff! I never thought I would see the day when I was visited by cat burglars!lolx
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Default Cat burgler.

Poor poor cat will be sleeping rough for a while now! Better tabby than a man in a striped jumper and a mask!

That's made made laugh so much Thumps, I can just picture your surprise visitor's smug and spaced out expression!

Not so funny for you of course - better hide that catnip..... s/he might come back for more fun .....

I feel for you!
    I went through to my bedroom for something yesterday and found the wrong cat (Frodos double) lying on my bed with Poppy dog cowering in the corner by the wardrobe!
    The cat got short shift from me ... out the front door before he could wake up properly

Then I let in our cat ... who was looking very unhappy at the backdoor!

So there must be something in the water or weather that is making moggies behave badly!

What a CATastrophe!

Quote Originally Posted by LIZZ View Post
    What a CATastrophe!
    It certainly was!When I went to get the cat out my cat decided to make a break for it too and then my dog decided it was time to show who was boss.....and chased my cat out of the garden so lord knows when my cat will decide to come home again now,but I bet the bliddy cat burglar will be back for his/her next fix of catnip!Oh and it had also been upstairs and trashed the bedrooms too so I am going to be very busy tidying up for a while! x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Literally! Just got home to find my kitchen in a complete tip,things broken,smashed,etc and a rather smug black cat sitting on the bloody table!He/she was of course totally spaced out after opening and strewing around an entire packet of cat nip but then had the cheek to hiss at me when I tried to chuck it outside,all the time MY cat and dog were sitting together in the dogs cage terrified while this demon cat wrecked my house,yes I know its my fault that it can get in but I have never seen one cat make so much mess and destroy so much stuff! I never thought I would see the day when I was visited by cat burglars!lolx
    Sorry,Thumper.......this had me in stitches,especially ur 2 animals in the cage......were they holding the door shut??

Quote Originally Posted by Creme_Egg View Post
    Poor poor cat will be sleeping rough for a while now! Better tabby than a man in a striped jumper and a mask!
    I doubt it will do much sleeping-it will be so high on catnip-so if anyone has a black cat who comes home kind of spaced out-you KNOW it was my house they were in x

Quote Originally Posted by BINBOB View Post
    Sorry,Thumper.......this had me in stitches,especially ur 2 animals in the cage......were they holding the door shut??
    BINBOB-they were both shoved in as far back as they could get-which is surprising as they only just suffer each other normally-pair of wooses thats what they are!Mind you my cats fluff was all over the kitchen table so i reckon he put up a fight at first oh and the black cat had so much catnip all over it it looked like a burst teabag!x
    Last edited by Thumper; 13-Jan-10 at 13:41.

Are you quite sure that cat wasn't wearing a stripy jumper and black mask, and carrying a bag marked SWAG on a pole?

Yes, I do read 'Burglar Bill' a lot to my granddaughter, just like her Mum before her......

They have a black cat so maybe I'll make up a new story about him called 'Thumper's Cat Burglar'!

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Are you quite sure that cat wasn't wearing a stripy jumper and black mask, and carrying a bag marked SWAG on a pole?

Yes, I do read 'Burglar Bill' a lot to my granddaughter, just like her Mum before her......

They have a black cat so maybe I'll make up a new story about him called 'Thumper's Cat Burglar'!
    LOL Angela,maybe you should and then cut me in on the profits to replace the broken things I am laughing about it but at the same time I could happily have throttled the bliddy thing for all the damage it did x

This story should be made into a cartoon..........brilliant

Thanks for sharing the story Thumps,good for a giggle,(if you are no the one that has to do the cleaning up).
    Vaguely similar one with me an wife.-Our dog-x terrier an normally as territorial as they are known to be-shows up one morning in the garden room-with cat flap,panting an carrying on towards a high up shelf-an eventually we see there is a b/an white moggie up there!
    Turns out to be quite friendly,young male well turned out,an the blasted dog has 'adopted' him! So now we have another 4legger to look after!
    I know we can easily get shot of the beastie,but the sod gets on well with our own two cats.An litter trained to,makes it interesting when daughter visits with her two kittens-yep-thats the silly sort of household we run,but the kids have all grown up an fled,(thankfully no more horses) an we are getting a bit too long in the tooth for fostering now,so we need some mild distraction to keep us on our toes

I know its not funny but your wee mishap with the cat fair made me chuckle.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Heavens...if my cat wasn't housebound at the moment (I wont let her out in this ice) I'd swear it was mine.

Lately she's -
    opened cupboards to get to and open bags of flour (chest height cupboards too!), got flour all over her face.
    opened a heavy dresser door to get to bags of beefy monster munch (three times!)
    she climbs up the door frame to try to get the door open if we dont get down to the kitchen in time to feed her ladyship breakfast when SHE wants it
    strewn the kitchen with all sorts while playing chasies with my other cat
    belted the dogs if they got in her way

the list could go on

and dont they look as if butter wouldnt mely when you catch them

You should make a cartoon of it, like 'Simons Cat' on youtube.

Dont think I fancy a rerun of it to record it It turned out to be a costly visit for me,wax tablecloth has huge scratch marks right through it so that about £30 to replace,lost 2 glasses,a cup and a plate too,phone went flying but luckily isnt damaged so quite an expensive visit from my cat burglar.I guess that I have learnt to A-never leave anything open for my cat to get in and B-never leave dishes not dried and put away incase it does get in again,ah well you learn something new every day eh? x

Made me laugh Thumper. Brought back memories of a rather bright cat I used to have. Had to fit a child lock to the fridge as he, 'the brains' and our other cat, 'the muscle' helped themselves to half a pound of carvery ham. He also used to shred toilet paper just for the sheer hell of it. Mind you, mine wan't a cat nip addict, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cuddlepop View Post

I know its not funny but your wee mishap with the cat fair made me chuckle.
    Same here Cuddlepop! The thought of your cat and dog hiding in the cage together is just hilarious and would make a great cartoon!

Really hope the cat doesn't come back for it's 'fix'!

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    BINBOB-they were both shoved in as far back as they could get-which is surprising as they only just suffer each other normally-pair of wooses thats what they are!Mind you my cats fluff was all over the kitchen table so i reckon he put up a fight at first oh and the black cat had so much catnip all over it it looked like a burst teabag!x

I can just picture this in between giggling............I hope u wee cat is ok.I think they were probably soooooooo glad to see u return,bless them.

U have totally cheered me up,what a story,it could be a comedy script.Pity it was not fimed.......u tube awaits.
    Hope normality has returned but will the black do so too?????????
    Eagerly awaiting more...........
    Last edited by BINBOB; 14-Jan-10 at 11:06. Reason: spelling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast