Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matalan

Default Matalan

I just heard today that matalan and macdonald's are supposed to be going into the Caithness glass factory. Does anyone know if this is right?

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy
    I just heard today that matalan and macdonald's are supposed to be going into the Caithness glass factory. Does anyone know if this is right?
    I did hear macdonalds were going into the glass factory..let's hope eh!

Please not MacDonalds! Is it the least nutritous food or the most nutritious plastic?
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

Quote Originally Posted by _Ju_
    Please not MacDonalds! Is it the least nutritous food or the most nutritious plastic?
    I agree, YUK!!!
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19
    I agree, YUK!!!
    You prefer burger king connie..

Quote Originally Posted by angela5
    You prefer burger king connie..
    Hah, I wouldn't eat that crap if you paid me to..

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19
    Hah, I wouldn't eat that crap if you paid me to..
    You already have and i did'nt need to pay you. (bones)

Next is coming too.

According to MacDonald's site they use a lot or organic and local produce in their food now. Eggs are free range, beef from the UK and Ireland etc.

Personally I think a burger is quite a balanced meal, with a nice bap (bun/roll) decent piece of meat and plenty of salad. The problem is large cokes, shakes and fries being added to it. Even then once or twice a year isn't going to hurt.

Thought caithness glass was going to become the new council offices??

Quote Originally Posted by wicker
    Thought caithness glass was going to become the new council offices??
    Stick the council offices up there out of site, give us macdonalds in the town centre.
    Not all chillies are hot but do not be deceived

Just Outside The Gateway To Hell 3rd House On The Left

Cant see any food outlets going beside homebase new look etc

Isnt it true that a food outlet has to be a seperate building from others because of a fire risk ???
    Give a child a hammer and the whole world becomes a nail

Quote Originally Posted by The Angel Of Death

Isnt it true that a food outlet has to be a seperate building from others because of a fire risk ???
    They have a scruffy burger van parked up there for all the hungry shoppers

As to frans answer on another shopping thread, there is a queue around the back of the burger van for the toilet. the kind owner of the van provides a bucket

Quote Originally Posted by Geo

Personally I think a burger is quite a balanced meal, with a nice bap (bun/roll) decent piece of meat and plenty of salad. The problem is large cokes, shakes and fries being added to it. Even then once or twice a year isn't going to hurt.
    You're not being serious are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Chillie
    Stick the council offices up there out of site, give us macdonalds in the town centre.
    Now that would make some sense! Breath a bit of life back into the town centre.
    You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!

Quote Originally Posted by Geo
    Personally I think a burger is quite a balanced meal, with a nice bap (bun/roll) decent piece of meat and plenty of salad.
    Personally I think a ballanced meal is a nip in one hand and a half in the other.

Quote Originally Posted by The Angel Of Death

I think the problem is that it is outside the Wick boundary and there are rules about out of town developments these days. You can get away with a garden centre or discount warehouse but if you allow high street shops like McDonalds or Pizza Hut then you are effectively making the town larger while there are still vacant properties in the town centre, you are moving the town.

Stick McDonalds in the old motorways garage in miller street, hard to find , no parking,away from town center No I dont want it either, there is plenty of food shops in Wick. Matalans would be fine in either the retail park or Grampian Records old factory, Ive never been in the shop in Inverness So I dare say I might go in it if it were in Wick,just for a wee look

Default Shops

I have received information from NEXT and they do not have any plans to open a store in Wick.

Matalan are supposedly either building a store beside where Tesco are building or they are trying to find a place at the retail park.

One of the spaces left at the retail park will probably be taken by Edinburgh Woolen Mill as they have told me that they are looking for the possibility of opening a new store there.

Not sure about McDonalds and also some people have said to me that they have heard that Pizza Hut will be opening, there is no confirmation of this.

I'll try to get more info and post it in a new thread on the message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast