Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Taking the decoration down?

Default Taking the decoration down?

Isn't it bare when all the decorations are gone? I'm dismantling the place and it feels sad.

Mine are all down, it feels great!
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

It does feel good but my wallpaper feels shabby

Still got mine up

Will take them down tues when hubby goes back to work

And i can't wait, just to get back to normal

Tip for next year:-

When putting up christmas decs, take down some ornaments and pics from the wall and put them in the decs boxes, then when you take decs down you put the pics back and it don't look so bare.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

That's a good tip. I'll try that. Everything needs a good dust, lol
    Want to get the tree out the door but it's a bit late at night to do that.

tree is down.. will take down rest of inside stuff tomorrow.. but leaving the outside lights untill the ground is ice free!
    http://itqueries.com/

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    Tip for next year:-

When putting up christmas decs, take down some ornaments and pics from the wall and put them in the decs boxes, then when you take decs down you put the pics back and it don't look so bare.

I do this, but i take all my ornaments and stuff down except my clock on the mantle piece so just have christmas stuff up. Then after christmas take the whole lot down and put the ornaments and stuff back. Its also good cause i can give the place a good clean when i take the christmas stuff down.
    A gentle stream can split a mountain, given enough time.

remember they've all to be down by Wednesday (12th night)
    Keep it country

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Cornwall View Post
    remember they've all to be down by Wednesday (12th night)
    Which means I'll have to go down to open the shop on Wednesday just to get the decorations down.

Our charity shop is still closed as our volunteers are housebound.

I didnt even keep our deccis up for newyear this year.Just couldnt be bothered with the clutter.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

i kept mine up for 'e new year parties an took them all doon yesterday. am gled til get back til normality, wis getin seik o' lookin at them...
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

Quote Originally Posted by trix View Post
    i kept mine up for 'e new year parties an took them all doon yesterday. am gled til get back til normality, wis getin seik o' lookin at them...
    Did you put them up really early trix?

I was bah humbug thus year couldn't be bothered putting any up. Put them up next year though when we have more space.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

Quote Originally Posted by Vistravi View Post
    Did you put them up really early trix?
    ma decs an ma tree are all black an cool an witchy lookin so i wanted them up for 'e new moon which fell on 'e 16th.

put them up on 'e 15th so i could perform a festive ritual which included black candles, cinnamin sticks an eh...an ingin.

very festive an got me rite in 'e mood for 'e gien an 'e receivin o' gifts

im sure YULE understand
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

Mine are coming down tomorrow. I never put my decco's up until Christmas week, that way I don't get fed up with them.

My tree, a new one from the CLB, is on the landing this year and it looks so pretty, I'll miss it when it's gone.

i took mine down yesterday morning. Was sick o the tree bein in the way. My livingroom looks big again Its amazing how much you miss the space that you think you dont need
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Gawd, I was counting the days to take em down. I took ours down on the 2nd. The place looks so much bigger.

Actually I didn't even want to put them up really, so much hassle and time spent doing it - couldn't be bothered.
    And has anyone noticed how the whole family are happy and over eager to help put the darn things up - so much so that the place ends up looking like a Bangladeshi Taxi. But when it comes to taking them down you suddenly have a very peaceful house.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

I took ours down on the 2nd too. Nice to get the house back to normal. Only 11 months until we do it all again so I can look forward to that.