Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Fax message

Default Fax message

I want to send a fax from my computer to a fax machine . Can someone tell me if this is possible and do I need special software.

try any search engine....

http://www.freefax.com/ff_snd.html

i have used this one before

dx
    Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs

As it's only something I very rarely need to do (IMO fax is dead but some companies still will not accept a PDF'd e-mail attachment - crazy!) I just use the software built into Windows XP.

if it's not installed go to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > Add/Remove Windows Components > put a tick in Fax Services and then click OK.

To send a fax you simply print it to the Fax Printer, type in a fax number to send it to and away you go.

Default Fax

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    As it's only something I very rarely need to do (IMO fax is dead but some companies still will not accept a PDF'd e-mail attachment - crazy!) I just use the software built into Windows XP.

if it's not installed go to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > Add/Remove Windows Components > put a tick in Fax Services and then click OK.

To send a fax you simply print it to the Fax Printer, type in a fax number to send it to and away you go.
    Thats interesting, I knew it could be done but never bothered with it.

I still have a phone fax answer machine that, (although outdated) has got me out of a corner on more than one occasion.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

If you want to use online fax services that you can send attachments etc.
    The free trial from efax.com is OK if you may need to send stuff regularly, I went for the 30 day free trial and they each time I tried to cancel they gave me another month. I had 3 months and it didn't cost me a bean and still cancelled anyway!