Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Best Job In The World

Default Best Job In The World

We've had the worst profession in the world what would be the best???

Mines would have to be the personal dresser of Tim Cahill {Only dont tell hubby}
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

I would have loved to have been Sofia Lorens masseur. Ahhhhhhhh !! (The spelling doesn't look too good)
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

One of the best jobs is nursing, in A&E or surgical wards, where you see people come in at deaths door and then recover..........very rewarding.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Quote Originally Posted by Fran
    One of the best jobs is nursing, in A&E or surgical wards, where you see people come in at deaths door and then recover..........very rewarding.
    yes fran, it must be very rewarding..

Fostering, even though its not really a job, but very rewarding

Quote Originally Posted by changilass
    Changilass,thanks for that post because you reminded me of one of the most overwhelming stories I have ever heard in my days.In Scotland there is a quaint wee village called Kilmacolm.Just outside there is a wee place called the Quarriers village.This was a place set up for the orphans of Glasgow and kids with special needs.

I had the privilage of staying in the house with a woman who through her life had never had a family of her own.Through fostering many kids had seen almost 200 in her house throughout the years.Her house was full of photographs of the kids she had brought up,with pictures of their kids they had.There was letters upon letters from kids who after leaving her house had let her know how life was treating them and the latest craic of the day.

A true hero this lady was,after all these years I still remember her.
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

You are selling yourself so, so so short. Raising kids in any capacity is more than a full time job.
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater
    I would have loved to have been Sofia Lorens masseur. Ahhhhhhhh !! (The spelling doesn't look too good)
    Whitewater, you have just woken up my claim to fame, I starred in the same film "The Key" in 1957 with Sophia, all be it I was an extra, but she shook my hand, I never washed that hand for a fortnight, she was about 21 in those days and drop dead gorgeous, and still is in my eyes
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Arrow

I admire you and all others who do this. I know I couldn't, not got the patience. Not sure for me what the best job in the world would be. Has to be something where you can feel that you are making a difference. Not needing appreciation for it, but def making a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater
    maybe not massage her but would love to massage people like will smith, brad pitt, george clooney, david boreanaz and robbie williams. better include cedric too in case i get a row later on.
    no amount of darkness can drive out darkness
    only light can do that.