Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hypnotherapy

Default Hypnotherapy

Has anyone here had hypnotherapy for anything? I am considering it and would like to know ho effective the treatment was to you, I would like to have a food issue dealt with and a phobia issue sorted out. Think the nearest place is a lady in muir of ord has anyone been there for therapy?

I had hypnotherapy to stop smoking eighteen months ago, it worked for me, from 30-0 in 90 mins. Cost £190 but worth every penny.

Some people want me to go again and see if he can make me stop talking pish.

Default Hypnotherapy in Wick

Hi there

I'm a Clinical Hypnotherapist registered with the General Hypnotherapy Register - I run Alternative Vitality in Wick - you can find more info on our website

www.alternativevitality.co.uk

I've had lots of good results with clients but maybe some of my clients on the org could give you some feedback on their experiences (always good to hear from someone who's had it done )

Donna
    Vitality for mind, body & soul
    www.vitality-retreat.co.uk

has anybody had the Hypno-Band Donna? I'd be interested in finding out more about that and what sort of price it is

Hi Dragonfly - I've currently got about 15 clients at varying stages of the HypnoBand and they're all doing great I offer a free consultation prior to any treatment so if you want to have a chat, just call in to the shop or ring on 01955 605184 (we're actually closed now until Tuesday though). Some more info here too

http://www.alternativevitality.co.uk...and-1039-p.asp

Default Hypnotherapy

Wow had no idea this was available locally....a big stress off the cards at the thought of driving South! Will definately be looking into vitalities services, looks good and there are other treatments I fancy on the website....thanks for that will be in touch soon!

what about if your diabetic? is it still safe to have the treatment for the hypnoband?
    or is their alternatives.. really need to loose weight but just cant seem to get there!
    http://itqueries.com/

I had hypnotherapy during my first pregnancy and it did help relax when in labour.

At first glance, I thought the title said 'hypothermia'....what does that say about me? Guess I'll go put on my mittens.

Default Hypnotherapy

No, sassy try putting more water in that dram lol

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    I had hypnotherapy to stop smoking eighteen months ago, it worked for me, from 30-0 in 90 mins. Cost £190 but worth every penny.

Some people want me to go again and see if he can make me stop talking pish.
    I think when your trying to give up an addiction i dont think there is any magic cure to make the withdrawal symtims go away and a lot of people think Hypnotherapy is a painless easy option i believe a lot to do with giving up an addiction is you really have to want to stop before things like Hypnotherapy and other treatments work
    I was on 40 a day and im 1year and half stopped smoking

Brandy - hypnoband is perfectly safe if you're diabetic - if anything, it will make you more aware of your eating and therefore able to stick to your recommended diet more easily.

Eddie - you are absolutely righ - hypnotherapy is not magic and it can't make you do anything that you wouldn't be able to do anyway - what it can do is make it easier and give your willpower the boost it needs to make changes

My experience is that if you want to lose weight in an appropriate manner then do so with an appropriate eating plan, with exercise, understanding calories you consume and expend, and your lifestyle factors etc. All of which you can get for free, or speak to your GP etc about.

I've been involved in clinical hypnotherapy for around 15 years, and can count on my fingers the amount of times we have used it for weight loss, we always advocate proper lifestyle than hypnosis for a variety of reasons, and i personally feel it's better to educate than feed into a quick fix scenario. Hypnosis basically taps into suggestibility, and I would rather have people adopt a healthy understanding of their physiology, response mechanism etc, than fuel their suggestibility that they NEED a virtual gastric band....

I personally find the hypnoband and previous incarnations difficult to justify, given that often practitioners charge anywhere from 150 to 500 pounds for sessions, and basically utilise what they would in any other hypnotic sessions, such as planning, outcome, direct/indirect suggestions etc. I find this type of work as mere marketing and taking advantage of individuals, and a blot on the landscape of clinical hypnotherapy, a field that is becoming more gimmicky each and every week.
    Andrew Usher
    Partner / Practice Manager
    Dunbeath Surgery
    dunbeathsurgery.co.uk

I tried Hypnotherapy many years ago for weight loss. I took a friend along as it was at a guys house and I think she got more out of the sessions than i did. Having said that we both came out of the place gaging for a Roast Chicken dinner - every time! So I dread to think what the man had suggested to us in our hypnotic state.

Thinking about it, what was the point in me actually taking someone if we were both bloomin hypnotised
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by A_Usher View Post
    My experience is that if you want to lose weight in an appropriate manner then do so with an appropriate eating plan, with exercise, understanding calories you consume and expend, and your lifestyle factors etc. All of which you can get for free, or speak to your GP etc about.

I've been involved in clinical hypnotherapy for around 15 years, and can count on my fingers the amount of times we have used it for weight loss, we always advocate proper lifestyle than hypnosis for a variety of reasons, and i personally feel it's better to educate than feed into a quick fix scenario. Hypnosis basically taps into suggestibility, and I would rather have people adopt a healthy understanding of their physiology, response mechanism etc, than fuel their suggestibility that they NEED a virtual gastric band....

I personally find the hypnoband and previous incarnations difficult to justify, given that often practitioners charge anywhere from 150 to 500 pounds for sessions, and basically utilise what they would in any other hypnotic sessions, such as planning, outcome, direct/indirect suggestions etc. I find this type of work as mere marketing and taking advantage of individuals, and a blot on the landscape of clinical hypnotherapy, a field that is becoming more gimmicky each and every week.
    I completely agree with you there. Lifestyle choices has to be better than suggestibility.
    My problem though is where to learn about those lifestyle choices?
    Do we learn them from diet clubs? If so, why do we revert back to our wicked ways once we stop going?
    For instance, at the moment I have literally just begun a fitness regime with the intention of running a 10k in May and hopefully a half marathon later in the year, plus a 450km, 5 day cycle ride next year. Where the heck do I learn about the nutrition I need to be able to do this? I'm assuming I need more carbs but diet clubs may encourage me to steer away from that?
    Positively mind boggling unfortunately. I guess trial and error is the way to go.

I know one thing though, I've wasted enough money on Hypnotherapy. I saw it as an easy solution and it simply isn't.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

The other thing to bear in mind is that it doesn't work for everyone, a doc years ago tried to hypnotise me and it didn't work and when I tried it again more recently, agian it failed to work.

Some folks, like me are just plain awkward and won't go under - even when they want to lol

Luckily for me, on both occassions I wasn't in a position where I was having to pay for the experience.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Porshiepoo, drop me an email and ill take you through nutrition for training etc. Its an area i have been working on and do a lot of work with clients in several areas, such as runners, MMA guys etc.

I have just become accredited as a level 2 fitness instructor with the register of exercise professionals and will later this month be putting on a free workshop at the medical surgery on nutrition and exercise.
    Andrew Usher
    Dunbeath Surgery
    dunbeathsurgery.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by A_Usher View Post
    I find this type of work as mere marketing and taking advantage of individuals, and a blot on the landscape of clinical hypnotherapy, a field that is becoming more gimmicky each and every week.
    Pot kettle and black comes to mind Andrew.
    Andrew and lelebo have one thing in common. They are tapping into a huge demand for psychological help that the modern world has unearthed Its big business and much of it is controversial. Andrew though hides behind a cloak of respectability because of the signature he uses in his daily job as a manager of a respected NHS practice. Hes also well versed in the area of what used to be known as quack medicine when I was a boy.
    Dont let that fool you. I suspect you will get as good a service. and as much chance of success with lelebo as with Andrew Usher and the Dunbeath medical practice.

Wether it works for you or not you will have much more money left in your pocket with Andrew.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by gleeber View Post
    Pot kettle and black comes to mind Andrew.
    Andrew and lelebo have one thing in common. They are tapping into a huge demand for psychological help that the modern world has unearthed Its big business and much of it is controversial. Andrew though hides behind a cloak of respectability because of the signature he uses in his daily job as a manager of a respected NHS practice. Hes also well versed in the area of what used to be known as quack medicine when I was a boy.
    Dont let that fool you. I suspect you will get as good a service. and as much chance of success with lelebo as with Andrew Usher and the Dunbeath medical practice.
    Gleeber, i dont own a cloak! As discussed many times with you, we provide services under a NHS framework, which means for patients of our practice they get access to two forms of complementary medicine, Homeopathy with Dr Usher, and hypnotherapy with myself. I have for some time not taken on any private patients, other than from GP or allied professional referal, and the majority of them do not pay for the service, and if they are such inclined we suggest a donation to the medical equipment fund.

As stated many times to you, all services work in conjunction with their conventional medical treatment plans and not as an isolated service. We are not in the quackery business that you so seem to have a soft spot for .
    Andrew Usher
    Dunbeath Surgery
    dunbeathsurgery.co.uk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast