Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Its snowing!!!

Default Its snowing!!!

yippie its pouring the snow!!! hope it does enough to go out and play in later!!!! fingers crossed!
    http://itqueries.com/

sleety rain here but should turn to snow as the day goes on
    i think east coast is holding the slightly lower temps so snow sooner than the north and west.

just looked at the webcam on traffic scotland - it's definately snowing!
    Last edited by Tugmistress; 19-Dec-09 at 10:27.

i wish it would go away so i can get some work done

The wind has picked up here in Wick and there are some might big snowflakes falling from above. Look's like we are in for a day of it. I don't know about anyone else but my electricty has been flashing on and off. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Flasks at the ready.

Tuggs im going down til Alness eday, whats e roads gonna be like??
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

tugs what kind of weather are we looking at for the next few days?

please say very hot and sunny......wishful thinking

Lights were flashing on and off at Strathy; 3 minutes on, 10 seconds off about twenty times. Rang Hydro on 0800 300 999 to report it. They came back to say the high voltage line (Inverness/Perth)? was tripping out, due to snow, but should 'sort itself out' - seems to have done (so far).. no snow here, just sleety stuff..

Quote Originally Posted by brandy View Post
    yippie its pouring the snow!!! hope it does enough to go out and play in later!!!! fingers crossed!
    Yeeeeeeeees ,that is what we get in winter,calm down,brandy!!!!

lights have been flickering here as well.. but i want the snow!!! let it snow let it snow let it snow!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    Tuggs im going down til Alness eday, whats e roads gonna be like??
    Shelley, that piccie that Tuggs posted is of the A9 at Ousdale. Thats how it looked an hour ago, and it doesnt look any better now. Go here for latest pic http://www.trafficscotland.org/lev/index.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by DeHaviLand View Post
    Shelley, that piccie that Tuggs posted is of the A9 at Ousdale. Thats how it looked an hour ago, and it doesnt look any better now. Go here for latest pic http://www.trafficscotland.org/lev/index.aspx
    thanks DeHaviLand....not going til alness anymore though. Roads just too bad and not wanting til risk it really.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

I'm supposed to be going to pantomine in Inverness this afternoon anyone know if the roads will be ok.

Oooooohhhh, don't ya luv the snow!

Sat here now with no mains power and no broadband, time to go build a snowman I guess!!!

Quote Originally Posted by newpark View Post
    I'm supposed to be going to pantomine in Inverness this afternoon anyone know if the roads will be ok.
    see the link above for latest road condition. I can tell you that its now snowing heavily on the Black Isle. Dont think I'd be taking the chance of making that drive if it wasn't an absolute necessity.

I was making my way down to Golspie from Wick at only 30-40 mph and came across an accident just south of Thrumster, I could not stop, the brakes juddered so I tried using my gears to slow down, to no avail, luckily I'd started slowing down quite a bit before so I was alright, but decided I didn't need to go to Golspie.
    What I want to know is where are all the gritters and snow ploughs? I suppose it's too expensive to make raods safe for people.

Quote Originally Posted by spurtle View Post
    I was making my way down to Golspie from Wick at only 30-40 mph and came across an accident just south of Thrumster, I could not stop, the brakes juddered so I tried using my gears to slow down, to no avail, luckily I'd started slowing down quite a bit before so I was alright, but decided I didn't need to go to Golspie.
    What I want to know is where are all the gritters and snow ploughs? I suppose it's too expensive to make raods safe for people.

Your brakes are meant to judder like that. Thats your anti-lock braking system kicking in to stop you from skidding. Just keep the pressure on the brake pedal and you'll stop just fine.

hubby's went over to the academy park about an hour ago to see if they were going to call of the academy game, but think they should just look at the ousdale camera . think it speaks for itself

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    thanks DeHaviLand....not going til alness anymore though. Roads just too bad and not wanting til risk it really.
    Thats a very wise decision Shelley. Who cares that its the last saturday before xmas, I'm definitely not going out anywhere either.

Quote Originally Posted by DeHaviLand View Post
    Your brakes are meant to judder like that. Thats your anti-lock braking system kicking in to stop you from skidding. Just keep the pressure on the brake pedal and you'll stop just fine.
    When the anti locking brakes start working it fairley wakens u up when i get that i lift my foot of the brake pedal and apply the footbrake again but more gentley to stop the abs kicking in i think i stop quicker that way

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast