Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Royal Mail

Default Royal Mail

I know that royal mail are always getting bad press but for once i thing they should be congratulated I posted a pracel at 10.45 on tues to the kent and it arrived the very next day i was really impressed considering it is xmas so just felt i needed to say something x

Default Post Office

I can beat that.

I posted a parcel to Exeter at midday on Tuesday in Wick post office, and then went down to Reiss beach to take the dogs for a walk.

You can imagine my surprise when my son phoned me half an hour after posting it to let me know he had received his Christmas present and would put it under the tree until Christmas day.

I wasn't aware that Mrs M had posted one to him a few days earlier.

It is refreshing to know that there are some things in the UK that still
    works well and you are right to congratulate them. Well done the post office.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

hehehehehe kevin took me a few mins to realise what you were saying , i just felt I had to say something because we are always slagging them off and this time of year expected it to taks a few days xxxxxxxx

I posted a big parcel down to Somerset on Saturday that got there on Tuesday.

Posted a recorded delivery letter to Inverness on Saturday and they still havn't received it.

Quote Originally Posted by neepnipper View Post

Posted a recorded delivery letter to Inverness on Saturday and they still havn't received it.
    I know sometimes there are excetions but on the whole have been pretty happy with the service have had from royal mail these guys and gals work hard and do an amazing job not a job i would want to do up at goodness what time in the morning and walking around in all weathers no thank you x

Quote Originally Posted by neepnipper View Post

The most common reason for a Recorded Delivery Letter not being registered as delivered is that the Addressee was not not in when the postie called.

So it could be that the Letter is sitting in the Inverness Sorting Office waiting to be picked up.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Royal mail up here are great! It is the other direction only that is lacking... My other half's mum posted a package last Saturday, next day delivery, and it finally arrived yesterday! 5 days later...

Our postie is brill! He helped out when my dog went missing (let people in the village know to keep an eye out, as he did too) and yesterday he couldn't get the package to us in the morning as the council were delivering grit. Rather than delivering the next day (completely reasonable given the circumstances) he dropped it off at half 4 on his way home at the end of his shift. Big well done to the Watten postie - I wish I knew his name so I could put a proper thankyou!

Default Name

Quote Originally Posted by Leanne View Post
    I wish I knew his name so I could put a proper thankyou!
    His name Is Kris,

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    His name Is Kris,
    Thanks. He's a lovely bloke

There was a delivery guy the other day who dropped a parcel off who was shouting he had a delivery for us while feeding our dogs treats in the porch Nice guy or just canny??? Yeah he was a nice guy!

Default Kris

Thanks. He's a lovely bloke

There was a delivery guy the other day who dropped a parcel off who was shouting he had a delivery for us while feeding our dogs treats in the porch Nice guy or just canny??? Yeah he was a nice guy!
    I think I had better own up to having a joke again before I get into more bother.

Royal mail up here are great! It is the other direction only that is lacking... My other half's mum posted a package last Saturday, next day delivery, and it finally arrived yesterday! 5 days later...

Our postie is brill! He helped out when my dog went missing (let people in the village know to keep an eye out, as he did too) and yesterday he couldn't get the package to us in the morning as the council were delivering grit. Rather than delivering the next day (completely reasonable given the circumstances) he dropped it off at half 4 on his way home at the end of his shift. Big well done to the Watten postie - I wish I knew his name so I could put a proper thankyou!
    My postie.Peter,in Halkirk is the best!!!

I think I had better own up to having a joke again before I get into more bother.
    Ahhh get the joke now - Cringle.... Funeeee

I'll join the congrats brigade and doff my hat to Royal Mail - recorded package in post in Bristol yesterday afternoon, delivered here this afternoon - actually about 5 minutes after the 'Your parcel has been sent' e-mail arrived

is he the postie that dose henderson sq and that i think his name is david not to sure. but he is kinda cute wonder if he is single.

my postie is work shy and lazy

Recorded delivery parcel still "in the system to be delivered" after almost a week. A second class letter from the same place posted at the same time was here the following day!

Daftest thing I have seen was a memory card for a moblie phone in a large waterproof bag (the size of a pedal bin liner) delivered from the huge parcel force lorry, because the company no longer trust Royal Mail to deliver small items as they get lost.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

I would love to post a letter to the Green Road sorting office without the correct postage. Would they pay the extra £1.03 or whatever it would be? I very much doubt it.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Can't fault our posties, always cheerful.
    Have been pleasantkly surprised that items often arrive quicker here than when I was living down south.

U are not as good looking !!!

Wot about the poor postie out in this weather

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast