Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Sticky-thread overload???

jjc Guest

Default Sticky-thread overload???

Wow... what an annoying collection of sticky-threads

Perhaps a new board would be more suitable (to replace Hogmany messages maybe)???

Agree - A single locked sticky thread with the 8 areas included within the thread as individual posts would be a more sensible way to present the info with the links to the broadband sites either at the head or foot of the posts. Are that many folk living in these places actually interested in getting broadband with its increased costs and will they even get near the trigger points??
    Are you not giving folk false hope that one day they'll be surfing at speeds faster than the Alexander Graham Bell rates they currently have to put up with?

But then what do I care - I have broadband....

jjc Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MadPict
    But then what do I care - I have broadband....
    He! he! he!

Yeah, me too

jjc Guest

...oh, and thanks Niall. It looks much better now

...or replace the Hogmanay messages board with a Broadband one

Much better.

jjc Guest

Oops... just noticed my spelling of Hogmanay is a little off. Sorry.

Hogmanay? The dyslexic answer to a lump of hard wood?

(Apologies to all who have difficulty with words and letters)
    You'll never talk alone!

Anonymous Guest

Sorry folks, I was simply try to ram the fact that some of the smaller exchanges in the county still need registrations down everyone's throat. As Wick and Thurso were so well supported when they were given a little push, I'd hoped that the remaining exchanges being on the front page of the site every day until they got enough registrations would be the final push they needed to get them finished off. I would have removed the sticky status as I did with Wick when they reached their target. As I dont have time to do anything else to do this job, I'd hoped it would be an effective way of continually pushing the need for broadband in Caithness.

So, moving to another forum kills that idea. You can all thank Colin for responding to your complaints and sorting out the forum for ya.

jjc Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Niall Fernie
    You can all thank Colin for responding to your complaints and sorting out the forum for ya.
    Thanks Colin