Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A poke between the eyes

Default A poke between the eyes

Who would you like to poke between the eyes with a cursed sharp stick?

I'll start with Robton on Foot Stompin'. See the third post and his ones on the previous pages.

George W Bush comes next.

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post

I'll start with Robton on Foot Stompin'. See the third post and his ones on the previous pages.

I would never, ever poke someone between the eyes with a sharp stick. That would be terrible.

I do however harbour fantasies of tapping certain people in the center of the forehead with the rounded side of a ball-peen hammer. Not enough to injure them; just hard enough to really get their attention so I can yell at them and get some sense through their thick skulls.

For some others, a swift smack across the back of the head with a section of 2 by 4 might be required.

Thanks for the practical tips George.

Can you name names?

I shall refrain from naming names, on the off chance any of these people should come to harm, and I get the blame. Besides, despite my recurring fantasy, I know there are many people I could try to improve with my wee hammer, but I wouldn't get anywhere, and then I would get locked up for using the 2 by 4.

But a man can dream.

Not even GW? It's a bit late to prevent him doing more damage but it would get the message over.

I can handle Robton myself if as I suspect he is a typical central Scotland fake Gaelic twerp.

It is so refreshing seeing people realise GW was an idiot...took a lot of flack from a lot of people on here for saying so way back when GW and Tony were taking us into a war of lies. It iis nice to see a positive shift in thinking.
    I think GW and Tony both deserve one.
    There are two rules for success:
    1. Never tell people everything you know

Ok Tristan, you take TB and you can leave GW to me. I shall take delight in the moment.

Barry Scott.

And anyone who tries to talk to me about celebreties or talent shows.

Oooh, and Felix the Cat.

I'd say Russel Brand - irritating twerp!

Also Stavos but then at the same time I usually want to give him a big snog for being so hilariously ludicrous

Default A poke between the eyes

There have been some mean spirited things posted on here by some posters. Some of them political. Regardless of political views, sometimes decisions have to be made that become distatesful to future generations. I cite the situations leading up to WW2 when Churchill & Roosevelt declared war against the axis powers. It was something that could not be avoided unless they were willing to give up their country to invading armies. Plus, during wars things are done that later come back to haunt the winners. I was accused by a poster a few years ago of slaughtering innoscent women and children when my country ordered two atomic bombs on the Japanese empire to stop the war. It was successful but a harsh way to stop the war. Later studies showed that if the two A-bombs were not dropped, excessive lives would have been lost on both sides. I do not advocate war nor the taking of lives; however, there are times when we don't have a choice. We may have to face that again with the ongoing situation going on between Christians, Islamic Muslims, and even those who don't claim either religion who are called Infidels by some. This is a distateful subject that started small, but I can sense it growing even larger.

Churchill and Roosevelt will be spinning in their graves if they're reading that (in my opinion) totally unjustified comparison. The post 2001 world is very different from the 1930s world and GWB isn't fit to lick the shoes of either Churchill or Roosevelt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    It is so refreshing seeing people realise GW was an idiot...took a lot of flack from a lot of people on here for saying so way back when GW and Tony were taking us into a war of lies. It iis nice to see a positive shift in thinking.
    I think GW and Tony both deserve one.
    What sort of hole in the ground have you been living in? Most people realised a long time ago Dubya was a chump. The late and much missed Molly Ivins, Texas political journalist, tried to warn everyone before the GOP foisted him on the US and the world, but to no avail. She called him "Shrub", and his brother who was Governor of Florida for a while "Twig".

And well said Crayola. Dubya and the neocons were planning to attack Iraq even before 9/11 (are you listening 9/11 "truthers"?) and would have gone ahead and done it on some pretext or other.
    Last edited by George Brims; 14-Nov-09 at 20:51.

Quote Originally Posted by George Brims View Post
    And well said Crayola. Dubya and the neocons were planning to attack Iraq even before 9/11 (are you listening 9/11 "truthers"?) and would have gone ahead and done it on some pretext or other.
    Yes and I wonder what excuse Dubya would have used if there had been no 9/11. It might even have been weaker than Robton's reasons for attacking the people of Caithness and John Rosie in particular.

I've just had an idea for a new poll.

i'd split the stick in two and use it against Jedward and their ruining every song the sing ways
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

Angry

The lady in front of me at the tills in Somerfield the other day. The 2 tills that were open both had queues of customers yet she stood there and watched the checkout operator pack ALL of her shopping and even had the cheek to criticize the way she was doing it. It was lunch time, so possibly, others like myself were on a half hour lunch break, needless to say I was'nt happy !

The man across the road from me who's car alarm sounded for 30 miutes before he managed to switch it off.

Why do you quote "a poke between the eyes" I don't get the logic ??

This thread didn't cause much activity on the Org but it rekindled the thread on Foot Stompin'.

I must admit that I severely overestimated the Gaelic community, probably due to being inspired by WBG's many conciliatory and sometimes excellent posts on the Org. In my eyes Arthur Peanut exemplifies the lack of understanding of Caithness displayed throughout the whole Gaelic movement and if the top man is so utterly hopeless what must the rest be like? As I have said all along, they just don't listen and in particular I now know Arthur Peanut just doesn't listen and even if he did listen I don't think he has the intellectual ability to hear or to understand never mind to respond effectively.

It was interesting to see FrankC put his other oar in. I wondered what he'd done with it, it's not like him to be so quiet.

Does Arthur deserve a poke between the eyes with a cursed sharp stick? Undoubtedly but I fear sharper action is required. I considered joining Foot Stompin' but there's so little sign of indigenous cranial activity it might be more effective to leave them to chew on their own chanters in their own company.

Question

Crayola,..."It was interesting to see FrankC put his other oar in. I wondered what he'd done with it, it's not like him to be so quiet."...can you explain exactly what you mean?
    Yes, I am FrankC on Footstompin', so just which of my two posts on there do you object to?
    Both were statements of fact.
    Why do you demean yourself by giving one of the most respected figures, and singers in Gaeldom the soubriquet of "Peanut"?
    Just to be as open as possible, I'm Frank Charlton, Chairman of Caithness FM, and I hope and pray that the National Mod is a great success in Caithness next year.
    Arthur Cormack, through his contact with MacMeanmna Record label, has supplied a lot of support for CFM with CDs which I play often on my folk music programme on Tuesday nights.
    What is your problem?
    Last edited by Aaldtimer; 22-Nov-09 at 03:44.
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

Well I don't have a problem with you Frank unless of course in your capacity as Chairman of CFM you support the artificial insemination of Caithness with the Gaelic language in which case I would like to give you a poke between the eyes with anything that may make you sit up and pay attention to the issues at hand. A purely hypothetical poke between the eyes of course.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast