Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: RSPCA Shocker

Default RSPCA Shocker

I have just come across this video on youtube regarding the goings on with the RSPCA, and their use of captive bolt guns to kill animals. (Warning...This video is graphic, and may upset people.) There is also some interesting reading about them on this page.
    Last edited by Shabbychic; 25-Oct-09 at 06:00.

Thats OK cos its the SSPCA here. I do find it unlikely that the RSPCA really does want to shoot creatures in its care. I don't think that is in the mission statement.

Quote Originally Posted by davem View Post
    Thats OK cos its the SSPCA here. I do find it unlikely that the RSPCA really does want to shoot creatures in its care. I don't think that is in the mission statement.
    youd be surprised
    “A lot of good arguments are spoiled by some fool who knows what he is talking about.”

Just a warning that the video is very graphic.
    People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will
    never forget how you made them feel.

I know many animals cannot be rehomed and as such are euthanised but I always thought it was your usual PTS. Not a bolt stunner
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Angry suffering animals

I watch a little of this video, and gosh it made me sick, and I couldnt watch the rest.To those of you who say this wouldnt happen, then I truly hope you are right? we all know about the unwanted animals, but surely they deserve to be PTS with some dignity, after all we ,who support the RSPCA and the SSPCA would not give money to have animals treated like this. So come on the English and the Scottish folk lets hear from you is this the truth???? if so you have had the last donation of help from me.
    "If there is room in your heart, there is room in your home" Rescue Anon

When I used to rescue dogs from death row in Throsk,stirling,an electic box was used to kill the dogs.They were wired up to electrodes,then a horrible death.

That was run by the local council,not any charity.I found it very distressing .It was nearly 30 years ago and I will not watch the video......chickening out.

I really hope this is not common practise.Really thought anmals in this day and age were humanely euthanised.

they have costs to meet and is the cheapest option?
    “A lot of good arguments are spoiled by some fool who knows what he is talking about.”

There should be a live debate between Jayne Shenstone of German Shepherd Rescue and Tim Wass of the RSPCA on Five Live tonight at 11.30

The topic is the RSPCA slaughter of ten German Shepherd dogs by captive bolt pistol.

For more information on the background see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JKs5JZ7rd0

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6888243.ece

http://the-shg.org/SHGPressReleases.htm

Five Live can be heard on the net at http://www.bbc.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra_B View Post
    Just a warning that the video is very graphic.
    I wish i had not looked at it now....

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    I know many animals cannot be rehomed and as such are euthanised but I always thought it was your usual PTS. Not a bolt stunner
    Quote Originally Posted by Fstevens View Post
    I watch a little of this video, and gosh it made me sick, and I couldnt watch the rest.To those of you who say this wouldnt happen, then I truly hope you are right? we all know about the unwanted animals, but surely they deserve to be PTS with some dignity, after all we ,who support the RSPCA and the SSPCA would not give money to have animals treated like this. So come on the English and the Scottish folk lets hear from you is this the truth???? if so you have had the last donation of help from me.
    I feel the same as you.And the sadness in that Alsations eye's that was left out in the snow will haunt me tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by buggyracer View Post
    they have costs to meet and is the cheapest option?
    But that doesnt make it right surely?

Default Rspca

I am glad I read down through the thread and decided not to just click on the link before deciding not to view it.
    It may be a consideration of the OP to express the content and a warning to the softer hearted before supplying such a link.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.