Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dead Cat in Henderson street

Default Dead Cat in Henderson street

We have found a dead cat behind our building in Henderson street Thurso, Its a ginger and white cat with a yellow and black spotted collar with a bell.
    Possibly been a hit and run??

If anybody wants to take their pet away give Wicksy a phone on 01847 891685.
    If we hear nothing by end of the day we will dispose of it.
    Whats the best way to dispose?

Ali
    Last edited by Ali; 10-Apr-06 at 13:18.

The only think I'd recommend for the poor cat would be to bury it.
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Quote Originally Posted by Ali
    We have found a dead cat behind our building in Henderson street Thurso, Its a ginger and white cat with a yellow and black spotted collar with a bell.
    Possibly been a hit and run??

If anybody wants to take their pet away give Wicksy a phone on 01847 891685.
    If we hear nothing by end of the day we will dispose of it.
    Whats the best way to dispose?

Ali
    Send it to DW. He deserves it.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2
    Don't punish the poor thing anymore! Has it not already been through enough already?

I'm really sorry to hear about the cat though, and for the owners. There are far too many irresponsible people on the roads
    "If you do something right, people won't think you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    Don't punish the poor thing anymore! Has it not already been through enough already?

I'm really sorry to hear about the cat though, and for the owners. There are far too many irresponsible people on the roads
    Point taken!!!!!!

Default Cat

Didnt do anything about disposing yet, my guys left it where they found it lying. Its a bonny wee cat. Shame.
    Do I call the rspca to take it away? I dont have anywhere to bury it and dont really want to put in skip in a bag!!
    Surely somebody must be missing the cat??

Al

Unhappy

Ali have you tried contacting the Vets as I'm sure they would take the cat from you and they would also be able to scan it incase it is chipped.

If not I'm sure the SSPCA will help if you give them a call.
    As it is wearing a collar I would think it does have an owner.

It would be a catastrophe!

Quote Originally Posted by DW
    It would be a catastrophe!
    I would have used a catapult to send it. DW you'd better watch yourself, I believe they've all clubbed together and bought a Catling Gun to remove us with.

unicorn Guest

I have enjoyed this forum for years but sadly I am reaching a point where I just cannot stomach it any more, I am ashamed to see so many heartless people who are fellow Caithnesians. This is not a post for debate, I just wanted to speak my mind.

I would have used a catapult to send it. DW you'd better watch yourself, I believe they've all clubbed together and bought a Catling Gun to remove us with.
    Cataclysmic caterers Batman!

knightofeth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn
    I have enjoyed this forum for years but sadly I am reaching a point where I just cannot stomach it any more, I am ashamed to see so many heartless people who are fellow Caithnesians. This is not a post for debate, I just wanted to speak my mind.
    I agree with this, dead animals are not a joke. Why do certain people think they are?

krieve Guest

I think certain people should grow up! What is funny about someones dead pet .

We lost our dog a couple of weeks ago as some of you know......were still greetin over her! I personally found a lot of comfort in the messages that people took time to post on this forum! In saying that I would be prefer to be in the company of animals be it dogs, cats, birds etc than some of the insensitive morons on here!

Quote Originally Posted by knightofeth
    I agree with this, dead animals are not a joke.
    Perspective required here - try this http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4395525.stm

Quote Originally Posted by krieve
    I think certain people should grow up! What is funny about someones dead pet .
    Some people will never grow up, they are filled with a largely self-inflated opinion of themselves, when the truth is that they are tedious half-wits. I have analysed the posts and concluded that they are the classic workings of an attention-seeker who has found a way to get a response that their otherwise poor skills is incapable of achieving. The good news is that help is available, the bad news is that most sufferers are incapable of taking that vital first step, which is "hello, my name is Ringo and I am an aerosol"

unicorn Guest

Perspective required here - try this http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4395525.stm
    I have plenty of perspective and it doesn't give me the right to make a joke of as many threads as possible on this forum, if I wish to see this attitude I will go back to school and step into the playground. We all like fun and a joke but most people know when to back off when they are obviously causing ill feeling but others just don't know when to quit and be grown up. I am beyond caring if I get banned for speaking my mind, the belittling attitude is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by scorrie
    I have analysed the posts and concluded that they are the classic workings of an attention-seeker
    I do so love the rantings of a closet psychologist - " I have analysed....... ", oooooooooohhh

knightofeth Guest

What has that got to do with this thread, at all!? Yes, that is much more terrible than a dead cat, imho, but neither are funny. Are they?
    Anyway I digress, Ali, did you find the owner of the cat? Personally, I think I would just bury it Sad, but what else can you do?

Default Cat !!!!

Guys and Gals,
    All I wanted was to possibly set some poor cat owners mind at rest, it'll be upsetting but at least its found,
    I am getting rather peed off with starting a thread about one thing and it turning into a debate or a slagging match.
    I'll try the vets tomorrow when I get a minute to see if its chipped.
    If this tittle tattle keeps up there'll be nobody left on this site but the moaners and groaners !!

So the moral o the story is :

STICK TO THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD !!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast