Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Surfing

Default Surfing

I have friends visiting in the October holidays and would like to try surfing for the first time. Can anyone recommend who to go to for lessons and where can you hire the gear from?
    Thanks

As far as I am aware you can hire stuff from the surf cafe in Thurso-cant remember the name of it right now tho! x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Thanks will check it out and see what they have on offer

Tempest - if they don't they'll know who will.

andy bain is the representative for surfin in the north of scotland and he use to teach surfing, but he is a hard man to get hold of.

there will be a lot of surfers here in oct so you can ask some of them to teach, they always looking to earn a bit of money, and doing it and doing something you enjoy at the same time might be a good thing.

C4C

Thanks will check out the tempest and hopefully bump into a few surfers that can help out with friends request