Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a hug ?

Default Just a hug ?

I've just been thinking about some of the times I've been hugged, some of which have been unexpected - but lovely all the same !

I've "learnt" from losing my Dear Mum, to make the most of a hug - and always make an effort now to hug my Dad whenever the situation calls for it (Christmas, birthdays and any time that bad news turns out OK !)

I wasn't brought up to be a "tactile" person, but my in-laws are very much into hugs !

I NOW think it's so nice to be greeted ( though obviously not on a day-to-day experience !!) by a hug from your:-

Mum, Dad, brother, sister, husband,wife,friend or any other relation who means something to you ....................

What do other "Orgers" think ??

I don't think that we hug enough. I love being hugged. (hugs to all that want one)

**** I Love Hugs ****

everybody needs a hug sometime and i think some people under estimate how much a hug can help
    x spread the love x

I always greet friends with a hug,well maybe not always but if I havent seen them for a while or something then they get a big hug! Hugs can make a persons day so much better x
    Last edited by Thumper; 09-Sep-09 at 18:42. Reason: spelling as always! x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Default hugs

Oh dear I am in the opposite camp from everyonelse so far, I would rather not be hugged unless there was a jolly good reason for it. I do not do great flamboyant declarations of affection....well I do hug the odd horse or dog. Hugs should be heart felt and not dished out willy nilly and diluting the real meaning to them. Occasionally there crops up a good enough reason to hug, consolling the bereaved, delight in an achievement, greeting of old friend whom you haven't seen in ages or if is a snuggle up with a loved one and a good film. These are moments when hugging is appropriate, needed and wanted, not for everyday greeting and meeting...keep it special!

I have to agree with Kathy@Watten, I like being hugged, but not too often, maybe it was the generation I was brought up in, we tended to shake hands more. However, I do know one or two special ladies who have hugged me and I must admit I enjoyed it.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

Totally agree a hug can make something awful so much better specially if its heartfelt and not strained.
    I hate people who give false hugs x

Quote Originally Posted by _awayoflife_ View Post
    everybody needs a hug sometime and i think some people under estimate how much a hug can help
    x spread the love x

I hug the covers or is that hog?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy@watten View Post
    Oh dear I am in the opposite camp from everyonelse so far, I would rather not be hugged unless there was a jolly good reason for it. I do not do great flamboyant declarations of affection....well I do hug the odd horse or dog. Hugs should be heart felt and not dished out willy nilly and diluting the real meaning to them. Occasionally there crops up a good enough reason to hug, consolling the bereaved, delight in an achievement, greeting of old friend whom you haven't seen in ages or if is a snuggle up with a loved one and a good film. These are moments when hugging is appropriate, needed and wanted, not for everyday greeting and meeting...keep it special!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater View Post
    I have to agree with Kathy@Watten, I like being hugged, but not too often, maybe it was the generation I was brought up in, we tended to shake hands more. However, I do know one or two special ladies who have hugged me and I must admit I enjoyed it.
    I'm with you two on this i am not very demonstrative.
    You don't have to be mad to know me but it helps.

Just want to share that the best hug I have had in a long time was given to me about 15 minutes ago by a fellow orger!
    "People may say what they wish, but we are actually under no compulsion to listen." LJ, and I do so wholeheartedly agree!

I used to not like being and giving hugs but since being with my partner that has changed. I fall asleep being hugged by him as he uses me as his personal pillow most of the time Whenever i'm up in caithness visting my family and friends everyone gets a farewell hug. I also give the children in the nursery i work in cuddles whenever they want it.
    To me now hugs aren't to be given too freely but for the people who want one they get one.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

Quote Originally Posted by ŠAmethyst View Post
    Just want to share that the best hug I have had in a long time was given to me about 15 minutes ago by a fellow orger!
    Oops sorry, I thought you were my sister!

It is pretty dark tonight..

Default hugs

Hugs are good if it feels ok.

If the hat fits, wear it,....
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozeburglar View Post
    Oops sorry, I thought you were my sister!

It is pretty dark tonight..

lol, naw I bet she's prettier
    "People may say what they wish, but we are actually under no compulsion to listen." LJ, and I do so wholeheartedly agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Vistravi View Post
    I used to not like being and giving hugs but since being with my partner that has changed. I fall asleep being hugged by him as he uses me as his personal pillow most of the time Whenever i'm up in caithness visting my family and friends everyone gets a farewell hug. I also give the children in the nursery i work in cuddles whenever they want it.
    To me now hugs aren't to be given too freely but for the people who want one they get one.
    I don't for one minute think you would be a dodgy individual but I personally would take exception to anyone outwith my close family circle hugging my kids in a nursery situation and think that in this day and age the practice of hugging kids would be frowned upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy@watten View Post
    I don't for one minute think you would be a dodgy individual but I personally would take exception to anyone outwith my close family circle hugging my kids in a nursery situation and think that in this day and age the practice of hugging kids would be frowned upon.
    I worked with young people in a residential and secure unit. The best way is a friendly arm around the shoulder not too much body contact to be mis-trued as anything else.
    You don't have to be mad to know me but it helps.

I like to be hugged or touched only by people I know well and people who know me well know this .

I love being hugged!! I come from a very tactile family & my children have been brought up the same, I think its very important to hug the people who are important in your life, It shows them that their loved. I always kiss & hug my family goodbye & goodnight.
    life may not be a party be while were here we might as well dance!!

i lek a beeg cuddle fie ma man, he's a guid cuddler and cuddles me all 'e time.....wi his beeg strong airms

i cana cuddle ma mam or dad...no way, a wee kiss on 'e cheek til 'e auld cheil when am goin oot 'e door, i gie ma mam a kiss at christmas an at 'e bells.

its funny that some people ye feel comfy gien a wee cuddle til, an some people ye dina.
    any new pals i hev made in 'e last 10 years or so i always gie a cuddle til when i see them but ma long standin pals it wid be choost too strange....ye think it wid 'e ither way aboot

i ayie get a cuddle fie ma wee brither but ma beeg brither punches me in 'e airm....terms o' endearment he says....but i suspect he never really lekt me much...!

jealous probly that i got 'e guid looks an no him
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast