Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: local schools ?

Default local schools ?

HI there

just looking for a bit of info really. Am relocating to the Castletown area shortly and am looking to find out about local primary schools. Does anyone have any recommendations for the local primary schools? Bit confused by the amount of primary schools in the area!!

thanks

I may be wrong but I think there is only one in Castletown.
    There are two rules for success:
    1. Never tell people everything you know

Just Castletown primary unless you want to drive the kid/s to either Thurso or Bower.

Yup that is correct there is only one School in Castletown, on saying that it is a Very Good School.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

realise there is only one school in castletown but was wondering about the surrounding schools, as will be working in Thurso travelling to the school will not be a major issue.... just wanting info/comments about schools in the area .....

cheers

Sometimes its best justto let the kids go to the local primary school as that way they'll make friends with other "local" children.
    Making them go to another school in another area can make them feel alinated.

I hear Casletown primary has an excellent reputation so dont think you can ask for more from your "local" school.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Think you will get many conflicting opinions on each school . My advice would be to put them to Castletown as it will be easier for them to make friends in the surrounding area and as far as i know i think the schools up here are pretty good on average .

My own opinion of Castletown Primary is a good one. I didn't go there, but my little brother did. At the time they realised that his reading abilities were more advanced than that of his class-mates and encouraged him. If only other schools that he went to did the same.
    "People may say what they wish, but we are actually under no compulsion to listen." LJ, and I do so wholeheartedly agree!

I think smaller schools are better. Teachers have less pupils therefore get to know them all and have more time. I have heard all the village schools are excellent.
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Castletown School is good & as previous people have said it will enable your kids to mix with the village kids. There is also an after school club at the school (if you need childcare)
    I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by alanatkie View Post
    Castletown School is good & as previous people have said it will enable your kids to mix with the village kids. There is also an after school club at the school (if you need childcare)
    Always choose your local school if possible - far better for the kids.