Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Freesat

Question Freesat

Just wondering if anyone in Caithness has a FREESAT box. We've got SKY digital and would like to know if the FREESAT box works through the SKY dish, was told at Argos that the box was non-returnable so I don't want to buy one without knowing if its going to work, the assistant could'nt tell me! Can anyone shed a little light please.
    Last edited by Miss Mack; 01-Sep-09 at 11:01.

I bought the bush freesat box from argos and it works fine with the sky dish.
    If you currently have a sky box, you can get a freesat viewing card from sky for around £30 I think

Yeah we are using the sky box at the moment but not paying a subscription, would they still send a viewing card? Thanks.

yeah they should, here have a look at this site
    http://www.freesatfromsky.co.uk/faqs-freesat.aspx#q3

Cheers, thanks very much for your help!

All you need to gain access to the free channels available on the digital satellite platform is a Freesat from Sky viewing card, which costs just £20. If you’d like to access the interactive services available, you’ll also need a working phone line. To purchase a viewing card please phone Sky on 08448 244 400.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Default freesat

we did exactly what you are thinking of we purchased a humix freesat box from argos and connected it to our already standing sat dish hey presto great picture and many channels ....well worth the money

Thanks all for the very helpful advice.

I have sky in my living room so what you are saying is i can get sky put in my bedroom for no extra cost per month is that rite x