Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Rain

Default Rain

It's past 1-00am, it's pouring with rain, I want to go to bed, and the rain is coming in through the kitchen roof.

I know this thread is not going to stop the rain or the leak, but a problem shared,..........
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Poor Kevin, you will just have to get your wellies on and get up there and get mrs.m to hold a brolley for you and put a plastic sheet over it or plastic bags or something.
    Seriously, it must be a great worry to you, hope you can sort it and the kitchen doesnt get wet,
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Oh never lad, put a bucket under it till mornin

Will a bucket or several buckets do til the morning when you can see on the roof?

If not you'll have to go climbing
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    It's past 1-00am, it's pouring with rain, I want to go to bed, and the rain is coming in through the kitchen roof.

I know this thread is not going to stop the rain or the leak, but a problem shared,..........
    That rain was mental last night. I was awake pretty much all night anyways. Felt bad for the cats, but they took shelter in the shed.

Hope you got the problem fixed Mr Milkins!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Default Rain

Yep, thanks all and I got it sorted, (I put two buckets under it).lol.

It was not so much the heavy rain that was causing the problem, but the direction that the wind was blowing it at the house.

I noticed the cement flashing's were looking a bit shabby and cracked, but it has not been a problem untill now. Best get up and have a look.

Hope you got it sorted Kevin it was awful rain here last night after a glorious day the sun has got his hat off now though
    Its nice to be nice

Aye it does seem like the Caithness "monsoon season" is a bit early this year. LOL roll on May 2010.

...is a problem laughed at.

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    ...is a problem laughed at.

That really depends if the person can take a joke/jest or not, I believe K/M can give and take.

Default Joke

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    That really depends if the person can take a joke/jest or not, I believe K/M can give and take.
    I laughed so much I gave jox a good rep.

I knew Kevin would see the funny side which is why I posted it. Thanks for the good rep Kevin.

Default Rain

It was raining by the BUCKET load earlier this evening in Wick