Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Using supplements with older dogs

Default Using supplements with older dogs

Does anyone use anything "homeopathic" sort of gear for older dogs? I am considering giving the skinnydog something from Healthspan to help him with his joints and just want to make sure I am not throwing my money down the drain!!

He is not bad enough to warrant the stuff from the vets but could probably do with a little something herbal, legal of course, to loosen him up.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I would recommend a magnetic collar they are great for dogs with Joint problems.

I give all kinds of natural supplements to my pets and definitely has been worth it as have seen real improvements in health problems.

I got a copper collar for my cat Charly and he is much more mobile.

I give Benjy my dog a supplement called Mobilise DS as he developed arthritis following a bad fall which resulted in injuries which required an op.
    It has made a real difference and he also wears a magnetic collar (funnily enough this didn't help my cat Charly so much hence the move to coppar).
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

I recently bought some Earth Magnets and glued 3 inside my old staghounds collar as her walking was getting pretty bad.............within 48 hours she is bright, alert and walking much better.
    I will gladly post you three if you would like to give them a try............

A friend of mine uses " Devils Claw" for her dog and a very very old arthritic horse and says it's brilliant, just google it.

Quote Originally Posted by krackenkid View Post
    A friend of mine uses " Devils Claw" for her dog and a very very old arthritic horse and says it's brilliant, just google it.
    Devils claw is good for both,our old dog gets cod liver oil (so does the old horse) And apple cider vinger works for dogs horses chickens and humans

Devils claw is good and green lipped mussel.

Try

glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM - but check out the active ingredients quantities etc. as you'll probably find it cheaper to buy the 'human' tablets from Holland and Barratt when it's on offer.

cod liver oil - ditto

Also used to give my dog about a tablespoon of chopped fresh feverfew in her meat once a day when she got old.