Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum Bully's

Default Forum Bully's

Anymore of this nonsense from you forum bully's I will report you. People have the right for great debate and say what they think and feel about an issues, they call this free speech but when it comes to damaging one individual by criticising any thread or thread comment by humiliation or insult this quickly turns into forum bullying territory, that's the lowest form of cowardice in my book hiding behind a computer throwing humiliating sarcastic patronising insults hoping to damage a forum members character. I think many people on this forum including myself can damage their own character without help from someone like you forum bully's.
    Last edited by NapalmDeath74; 18-Jul-09 at 19:45. Reason: error

Reporting doesn't seem to work.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Reporting what? Free speech?

Quote Originally Posted by webmannie View Post
    Reporting what? Free speech?
    Singling out one individual by another individual and posting nastily unproductive comments on every thread or every post in a sarcastic patronising way design to humiliate and make one bad about ones self. That's not free speech that's bullying, free speech is debate without any forms of aggression or conflict.

Can I ask what started this?
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Probably nothing Porshiepoo.
    Don`t bother "repping" me it`s turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by NapalmDeath74 View Post
    Anymore of this nonsense from you forum bully's I will report you. People have the right for great debate and say what they think and feel about an issues, they call this free speech but when it comes to damaging one individual by criticising any thread or thread comment by humiliation or insult this quickly turns into forum bullying territory, that's the lowest form of cowardice in my book hiding behind a computer throwing humiliating sarcastic patronising insults hoping to damage a forum members character. I think many people on this forum including myself can damage their own character without help from someone like you forum bully's.
    Obviously something has got to you .

Take this up with the moderators as I am sure they will try to help you on this. This thread has a good possibility of turning into a slanging match.

You will get bullies online the same as you get them at home, work or in the playground. Don't be a victim and just tell them to f off or ignore them completely.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    You will get bullies online the same as you get them at home, work or in the playground. Don't be a victim and just tell them to f off or ignore them completely.
    Do you feel an infraction coming on "flower" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    Reporting doesn't seem to work.
    certainly does not.....u are right there....

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland View Post
    Obviously something has got to you .

Take this up with the moderators as I am sure they will try to help you on this. This thread has a good possibility of turning into a slanging match.

Who...that will do no good whatsoever....

Quote Originally Posted by NapalmDeath74 View Post
    I'm in the dark on this one! What prompted this remark without anything being stated on this thread right off from the start? To whom is this directed?

Default Forum Bullys

On every forum and chat there are people who rule the roost and are bullies what they dont like are newbies that do not conform with there point of view normally and get upset but in order for a forum to grow and get new blood and points of view it has to move on and listen to the new posters as in in life one generation hands to another but learn from the oldies as to conduct ,rules , etc and take and listen to advice tongue in cheek smile or the ignore button
    Last edited by Anne x; 19-Jul-09 at 01:01.
    Its nice to be nice

Quote Originally Posted by oldmarine View Post
    To whom is this directed?

Good question.

Whoever is bullying should be ignored as the more reaction there is from their victim, the more the bully will throw to keep things going.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    A victim of what?

I have looked through Napalm's posts. Prior to this rant, there is a five day gap to an innocuous post on the weird happening thread and then a further five day gap to a storm in a teacup on another thread. Certainly nothing to warrant the current rant, unless it was a personal message that was involved.

I have had people sending unpleasant PM's containing swearing and have reported it to the Moderators. I have never had a response and nothing appears to have been done. Later I get a red card and five points for masking a swearword that was not a swearword, it is not a vulgar word either, although it refers to sexual behaviour. I find that very inconsistent moderating. However, I make the choice of whether to stay on the forum and accept that the moderating is hit and miss, or simply pack it in and leave. Strict moderation can be the death of a forum, leading to a banal, all good buddies, with shared opinions on everything, tedium club.

Many times when I read accusations of bullying, what I actually see is someone frustrated by another person who is a more experienced, more logical and, dare I say it, more skilled and informed debater. That is when the comments of "Smart Alec" and "Bully" start to fly. People will often accuse someone of being "out of order" rather than concede that their own argument wasn't very well thought through or constructed. Too many times I see a defiance of all logic and an attitude of insisting that a point is valid, even though it is clear that the other person is clearly more well informed on a particular subject. I would have hoped that facts could be accepted and that learning could be shared by admitting one's mistakes/lack of knowledge and conceding the point.

I am sure you will find that the admin will give their normal stance and state that nobody is forced to join this forum. As long as posters stay within the rules, other members have the choice to ignore anyone they have a problem with or simply don't click on the link that brings them to this site.

Quote Originally Posted by scorrie View Post
    A victim of what?

I have looked through Napalm's posts. Prior to this rant, there is a five day gap to an innocuous post on the weird happening thread and then a further five day gap to a storm in a teacup on another thread. Certainly nothing to warrant the current rant, unless it was a personal message that was involved.

I have had people sending unpleasant PM's containing swearing and have reported it to the Moderators. I have never had a response and nothing appears to have been done. Later I get a red card and five points for masking a swearword that was not a swearword, it is not a vulgar word either, although it refers to sexual behaviour. I find that very inconsistent moderating. However, I make the choice of whether to stay on the forum and accept that the moderating is hit and miss, or simply pack it in and leave. Strict moderation can be the death of a forum, leading to a banal, all good buddies, with shared opinions on everything, tedium club.

Many times when I read accusations of bullying, what I actually see is someone frustrated by another person who is a more experienced, more logical and, dare I say it, more skilled and informed debater. That is when the comments of "Smart Alec" and "Bully" start to fly. People will often accuse someone of being "out of order" rather than concede that their own argument wasn't very well thought through or constructed. Too many times I see a defiance of all logic and an attitude of insisting that a point is valid, even though it is clear that the other person is clearly more well informed on a particular subject. I would have hoped that facts could be accepted and that learning could be shared by admitting one's mistakes/lack of knowledge and conceding the point.

I am sure you will find that the admin will give their normal stance and state that nobody is forced to join this forum. As long as posters stay within the rules, other members have the choice to ignore anyone they have a problem with or simply don't click on the link that brings them to this site.

Well said scorrie. I was going to write something similar but you worded it much better. I was wondering to where that big rant came from? Did it have anything to do with the weird happenings thread that was closed?
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

Quote Originally Posted by scorrie View Post
    A victim of what?

Well responded Scorrie, my sentiments exactly

I often feel like saying nothing although I might have something constructive to say, simply because some people always know better, no matter you say.

Some people voice their opinion in a rather disrespectful way. Unfortunately the moderators are not interested at all. I have sent several inquiries and new ideas to the moderators and have never had a reply.

There must be many people who don't post because it seems impossible to have a conversation without some individuals turning a thread into a farce or post completely off topic posts.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by telfordstar View Post
    Well said scorrie. I was going to write something similar but you worded it much better. I was wondering to where that big rant came from? Did it have anything to do with the weird happenings thread that was closed?
    maybe its WEIRD how this all came about in the first place then tony

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast