Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: book club anyone?

Default book club anyone?

hello i was just wondering that does anyone read? i read alot especially last thing at night and the house is in silence BLISS. could anyone recommend a good book to read. maybe even starting a book club where when someone reads a book and then put what its about just so that someone else could read it! what do you all think? good idea?

knightofeth Guest

I think its a really good idea. I read a LOT but tend to keep to the same genres - fantasy fiction and science non-fiction among others. So reading recommendations here would be a great way to maybe get into something else.

I'm reading 'Roots' at the mo, I'll let you know what it was like when I've finished it.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

James Herbert is an ACE writer. I would recommend him to anyone. I'm reading "The Others" at the mo and its great so far.

Quote Originally Posted by the original ducky
    hello i was just wondering that does anyone read? i read alot especially last thing at night and the house is in silence BLISS. could anyone recommend a good book to read. maybe even starting a book club where when someone reads a book and then put what its about just so that someone else could read it! what do you all think? good idea?
    A good book well the caithness .org is a good one to read lol .

I've just finished reading about Richard McCann. His mother was the first victim of Peter Sutcliffe..It's a true story of stolen childhood..and it's called 'just a boy'.

well i have read three in a bed { no its not that rude} ha. its about a buisness woman that goes from one night stands to the next and she meets a man falls in love and get married within about 3 months. then she decides that she wants a baby so tricks him and it goes through her pregnancy the birth and after. its really funny i would recommend it to anyone. written by carmen reid. rating out of 9/10 brill.

Reading is my first love. I think that would be a great idea.
    I tend to find an author I like and read all their books, then find a new one and do the same again. So I think it would be fun and beneficial to read something that I wouldn't normally be interested in.
    If there is any interest, we could take turns to decide the 'book of the month' and have fun discussion over a few days, (but not before everyone has finished).
    Count me in.

just now i am ready rescuing rose. written by isabel wolff, so far so good. again its funny i always read funny books they have to have a good story line for me to finnish the book. its about a woman whos an agony aunt who marriage ends and shes left on her tood. seems good i will let you know how i get on.

I love anything by Wilbur Smith....sheer class.
    Other favourites are:

Ben Bova
    Duff Hart Davis
    John Grisham
    Brian W. Aldiss
    Kim Stanley Robinson

Currently reading "The Stonor Eagles" by William Horwood

Count me in!

unicorn Guest

I am currently reading the green mile by stephen king AGAIN lol
    I like anything by Stephen King (anyone got a copy of salems lot)
    James Herbert
    Dean Koontz
    Karen Slaughter
    Jeffery Deaver
    Love horror and crime
    I was actually thinking of doing a clear out of my paper backs but it's so hard!! I love all of my books.

i always have a book of some sort beside me. just read barbara taylor bradford. now looking for my next book. a book i read short ago which was really interesting was about FBI profilers. like reading the broons or oor wullie while im in my bed. easy reading.
    no amount of darkness can drive out darkness
    only light can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn
    I am currently reading the green mile by stephen king AGAIN lol
    I like anything by Stephen King (anyone got a copy of salems lot)
    James Herbert
    Dean Koontz
    Karen Slaughter
    Jeffery Deaver
    Love horror and crime
    I was actually thinking of doing a clear out of my paper backs but it's so hard!! I love all of my books.
    If you love crime you should try James Patterson or Patricia Cornwell. I tend not to read much fiction anymore, but I if I do I always go back to them.

unicorn Guest

How about we start a book swap club? Whereby if someone had a book you want you could do a swap or a loan etc... only problem is people would have to respect other people's books cos I am a real stickler for not turning pages down and I hate to find crumbs in a book someone has borrowed from me grrr

unicorn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by erli
    If you love crime you should try James Patterson or Patricia Cornwell. I tend not to read much fiction anymore, but I if I do I always go back to them.
    Both names ring a bell so I reckon I have probably read a few. I read a John Connelly book last week 1st one of his I have read, Black angel, it was really good.. My bookshelves are absolutely creaking I tend to read about 2 books a week so I run out really fast!!

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn
    Both names ring a bell so I reckon I have probably read a few. I read a John Connelly book last week 1st one of his I have read, Black angel, it was really good.. My bookshelves are absolutely creaking I tend to read about 2 books a week so I run out really fast!!
    Two words Unicorn:
    Wilbur Smith

You can thank me later

yeah i have a shelf full of books aswell.

unicorn Guest

I have read many of his books saveman I was reading Wilbur Smith when I was 14 as my grandad was mad for his books and I was always short of something to read, Sadly I don't actually have any so it may be worth a trip to the 2nd hand bookshop but I gotta do something about my bookshelves first!!

unicorn Guest

So how about we maybe even have a books wanted for loan section...
    Salems lot anyone lol!!!

Default Wilbur Smith

What does Wilbur Smith write? Is it horror, crime.............??
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast