Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Injured rabbit

Default Injured rabbit

Hi can anyone help, have found an injured rabbit, have tried sspca but it is closed at the moment.
    anyone have any ideas.

Last edited by teenybash; 15-Jul-09 at 23:38. Reason: double posted

Wick vet number is 01955 60 2088.
    For the time being if you put the bunny into a box or similar where is is warm and dark as it is bound to be in shock. I presume it is a wild rabbit so the less handling at the moment the better. Hope this helps a little and I am sure the little bun would be saying, ''thank you for caring.'' Please keep us updated on progress...hopefully good news.

Default injured rabbit

Hi and thanks for your help, have got the rabbit in a box with a warm cover and have put it in the shed for the night, when we moved it it did not appear to be in pain, so have decided to let it settle in case it is in shock and take it to Balmore in the morning.

If all else fails it'll make a good stew.

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    You horrid person....

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    OOoooooo you are naughty.............but I like you!

My opinion is that I empathise with the human need to look after animals. But I am sure we are getting confused here. Dead wild rabbits are best served as food for other wildlife. Injured wild rabbits serve no purpose alive in human domestication. Best let it go or put it out of its misery. I learnt this lesson a few years ago. Heartless I know but it is true to nature's laws. A stew is actually the second right course.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    My opinion is that I empathise with the human need to look after animals. But I am sure we are getting confused here. Dead wild rabbits are best served as food for other wildlife. Injured wild rabbits serve no purpose alive in human domestication. Best let it go or put it out of its misery. I learnt this lesson a few years ago. Heartless I know but it is true to nature's laws. A stew is actually the second right course.
    Hardly

Yes they may serve no purpose in human domestication but it's an animal? If you can help something live then why not?

May I ask how its injured? I mean if it's near mangled then yeah misery option but if not then personally I'd try to help it....

Quote Originally Posted by Olin View Post
    ....but it's an animal?.. I'd try to help it....
    And it's not a plant by equal observation. Will it recipricate any appreciation? Would you do this for the animal or for yourself?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

And it's not a plant by equal observation. Will it recipricate any appreciation? Would you do this for the animal or for yourself?

Well I dont want to enter into an arguement wether I caused it or not but I am pretty sure that most pets don't really show appreciation when you take them to the vets? I know for one my cat has some form of fear of the vets! lol

I understand what you're saying yes, and I prob would agree that a lot is not so I can go around saying "I did that" but to ease my conscience about the poor creatures wellbeing?

Default Injured Rabbit.

put the Rabbit in a box wrapped in a blanket and put in the shed, the back legs looked broken, anyway the rabbit passed over during the night and has subsequently been buried.

What a shame.
    You did everything you could White Arrow - a lot of people wouldn't have bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by white arrow View Post
    put the Rabbit in a box wrapped in a blanket and put in the shed, the back legs looked broken, anyway the rabbit passed over during the night and has subsequently been buried.
    AWW...bless the wee soul and well done for caring.

good on you for trying

Sorry to hear it, at least you tried saving it.

I'll warrant she would have been on the Balmore lunch menu.

Soon as they heard yer car drive off, snap goes her neck.

Frankly, it is all they can do.

Sorry, life is a beach with grey sand.

...and a big bad ass bully in the sky running over to kick your grey sand castles into oblivion every time.
    Last edited by Boozeburglar; 16-Jul-09 at 23:00.

Default Injured Rabbit

As a person that has had quite a few rabbit casseroles in the past I have to say that I am touched by the plight of this little fellow.

Sorry to hear that it did not turn out as you may have hoped, but good on you for the effort White Arrow.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Is it just the wild ones that are injured or pet ones too?
    I understand the human need to devour meat as well but this has nothing to do with nature except the human need to care.

RIP little wild bunny....somebody really cared for you.....White Arrow a tiny blessing will come to you I am sure, for your kindness.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast