Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Multi-pack cigarettes

Default Multi-pack cigarettes

My husband purchased a packet of cigarettes this morning (surprised they even had any) yes, i am going to say meiklejohns in thurso road. When we arrived back home i was astounded to discover they were part of a multi-pack. Is this not against the law? selling multi-pack items.
    I did not go back to the shop, i just decided enough is enough i am fed up of their service. Lack of i should say. The sooner this shop gets sold on the better. Has any one else noticed this?

Some folk are not shy!!!
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Default shop

i notice the shop has been sold

Quote Originally Posted by gersa
    My husband purchased a packet of cigarettes this morning (surprised they even had any) yes, i am going to say meiklejohns in thurso road. When we arrived back home i was astounded to discover they were part of a multi-pack. Is this not against the law? selling multi-pack items.
    I did not go back to the shop, i just decided enough is enough i am fed up of their service. Lack of i should say. The sooner this shop gets sold on the better. Has any one else noticed this?
    What you should have done was contacted trading standards. They should not be allowed to get away with this.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Quote Originally Posted by 2little2late
    What you should have done was contacted trading standards. They should not be allowed to get away with this.
    That's what i would of done..it's illegal to sell items from multi packs as a single..

They can't get away with this if they are a multi pack it should be sold as a multi and not split they can be prosecuted for that if it was me buy them i would sayed there and then roggs .

Question

what is ur problem with meiklejohns shop gersa this is the second thread u have started slagging them of.

Quote Originally Posted by jambo
    what is ur problem with meiklejohns shop gersa this is the second thread u have started slagging them of.
    well were do u want to start

molly dolly Guest

I noticed on my way home at 2am the police where at meiklejohns shop and no before anyone says it i was not that drunk and i remember seeing them their . lol

Quote Originally Posted by molly dolly
    I noticed on my way home at 2am the police where at meiklejohns shop and no before anyone says it i was not that drunk and i remember seeing them their . lol
    well nothing would of been stolen coz there 's nothing to steal the shop is practicaly empty how they could be making any money it must cost them a fortune to keep it open .

molly dolly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ice box
    well nothing would of been stolen coz there 's nothing to steal the shop is practicaly empty how they could be making any money it must cost them a fortune to keep it open .
    That is true but meiklejohn's don't open at 2am for the polices donut round do they??????

Quote Originally Posted by molly dolly
    That is true but meiklejohn's don't open at 2am for the polices donut round do they??????
    May be they got a tip off on the on the dodgy fags lol !!!!!!!!!

molly dolly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ice box
    May be they got a tip off on the on the dodgy fags lol !!!!!!!!!
    Maybe they did get a tip of to the police

Quote Originally Posted by jambo
    Second thread okay detective jambo, firstly, i was making a comment about the shop being bare, usually a sign they are selling up. Secondly about selling multi-pack cigarettes. I don't really have a problem seems my comments on meiklejohns suggest to you i have. Maybe this is because you seem to have a problem with certain people. Parisite was it you called Jackie Gunn? I am in no way on here name calling the owners.
    And yes i had a read of your posts too.

molly dolly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gersa
    Second thread okay detective jambo, firstly, i was making a comment about the shop being bare, usually a sign they are selling up. Secondly about selling multi-pack cigarettes. I don't really have a problem seems my comments on meiklejohns suggest to you i have. Maybe this is because you seem to have a problem with certain people. Parisite was it you called Jackie Gunn? I am in no way on here name calling the owners.
    And yes i had a read of your posts too.
    well said gersa

Wink

just thought it strange to make 2 posts about meiklejohns and not have a problem with the owners.as for my post about parasite i still stand by it.