Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Politicians & PLC Bosses

Default Politicians & PLC Bosses

Is there any difference between the current crop of politicians caught with hands in the till, and the recently disgraced bank bosses who negotiated million pound plus pay offs and pensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
    Is there any difference between the current crop of politicians caught with hands in the till, and the recently disgraced bank bosses who negotiated million pound plus pay offs and pensions.
    I would like to know how much you would pay an MP annually and quoting any expenses that they could claim for?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

This is a hard question..... lol

Mmmm, let me think, is it that the RBS guy probably didn't get away with claiming for his kit kat or hanging baskets from the bank expenses account....Is that the right answer??? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    I would like to know how much you would pay an MP annually and quoting any expenses that they could claim for?
    Your question tends to imply that MPs receive a salary that is not reflective of the work they do. Indeed I believe that this is the case. MPs should probably receive somewhere in the region of 85K per year with expenses tightly regulated to ensure the system is not manipulated. It is perhaps unfortunate that it has taken the media to uncover the extent to which SOME MPs have been manipulating 'the system' however this sort of thing happens all the time in public organisations.

I agree - MPs are generally underpaid for the time they put in and the responsibilities they carry. But I don't believe many would support them having a rise in this economic climate or after a good few have been caught with their hands "in the till". I believe most were simply manipulating a system available to them that was open to abuse and had been for many years.
    Don't just say it - do it!!!