Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tv tonight.

Default Tv tonight.

Why is it that there's usually nothing on the tv and tonight we want to watch chanel 1,3 @ 4 all about the same time.Its pointless regording as we tend to forget.George Gently or Martin Clunes,chanel 4's Secret Millionaire repeated at 10pm tomorrow so just have to remember to stay up.lolWhat you watching.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Ps sorry about the spacing but for what ever reason cant seem to paragraph my posts or use my smilies "frown"

'The Snooker Final' and 'Lost' are the only things i'll be watching on Tv tonight.

Me too Gizmo the snooker final and probably anything else i watch would be a repeat anyway,suppose will have till watch a dvd which I've seen as well but at least no adverts!!

One Programme I will be watching is the New Series of "Islands of Britain" introduced by Martin Clunes.

The main reason is that he is starting off at one of the Lighthouses where I worked for a while, "Muckle Flugga" which is the Most Northerly Point in the UK. It will be good to see it again.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Might give islands of britain a look and amazed at the knowledge (as written in the t.v.book) that there is over a 1000 islands in britain ,didnae think there was that many!

CSI NY, missed it last night due to Alcohol Intoxication!!!

9 o'clock Lost
    10 o'clock Fringe
    11 o'clock reapet of friday's Dexter

Hope I can stay awake.

might watch channel 955 or round about that area

think I'll joost go to ma pit ...i'm knackered after gettin up to see Ricky Hatton getting Battered!!

well tv tonight was total rubbish(sunday) nowt worth watching on, just for a change.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Thumbs up

I really enjoyed the first of Martin Clunes' programmes visiting the Islands around Britain.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Me and my OH sat and watched Meet the spartans. Nothing on tv so switched over to sky movies instead.

Nothing else on though.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    I really enjoyed the first of Martin Clunes' programmes visiting the Islands around Britain.

I did too, especially the start about Mukle Flugga as I was there for a short Period as a Keeper, Great Place it is

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Martin Clunes programe one in the end and I'm so glad we watched it.Barra is so beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    I did too, especially the start about Mukle Flugga as I was there for a short Period as a Keeper, Great Place it is
    It is beautiful but wouldn't want to stay there. How did you pass the time Kodiak? You couldn't go for a walk.

Quote Originally Posted by cuddlepop View Post
    Martin Clunes programe one in the end and I'm so glad we watched it.Barra is so beautiful.

Barra looked breathtaking. To think we have all these beautiful places on our own doorstep.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    It is beautiful but wouldn't want to stay there. How did you pass the time Kodiak? You couldn't go for a walk.

But we could, we would often walk around the Station Grounds. The Island is heaving with all types of Birds including my Favourites, Puffins.

We had a TV, not great reception, Read Books, worked on the Maintainence of the Lighthouse, also the most important one Cooking and Cleaning.

We also worked for the Met Office and we passed on a weather report every hour on the hour 24/7. Believe you me there was always something to do.

I enjoyed my service for the Northern Lighthouse Board and if I had the chance I would do it all over again. Mind you I am sure it would not suit everyone.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    But we could, we would often walk around the Station Grounds. The Island is heaving with all types of Birds including my Favourites, Puffins.

We had a TV, not great reception, Read Books, worked on the Maintainence of the Lighthouse, also the most important one Cooking and Cleaning.

We also worked for the Met Office and we passed on a weather report every hour on the hour 24/7. Believe you me there was always something to do.

I enjoyed my service for the Northern Lighthouse Board and if I had the chance I would do it all over again. Mind you I am sure it would not suit everyone.
    Oh I see! You would need to get on with your fellow lighthouse keepers.

What other lighthouses were you posted to? Yes I am sure it wouldn't suit everyone but must have been good to be away from everything for a while. Would be good to be so close to birds like the puffins.

You should tell us all about your time as a lighthouse keeper as I , for one, would be really interested to hear about it.

I have been at these Lighthouses :-

Girdleness Lighthouse
    Rattray Head Lighthouse
    Pladda Lighthouse
    Ailsa Craig Lighthouse
    Neist Point Lighthouse
    Cantick Head Lighthouse
    Muckle Flugga Lighthouse
    Cape Wrath Lighthouse
    Stroma Lighthouse
    Holurn Head Lighthouse

I spent most time at 2 of them and they were, Cape Wrath and Stroma. I did ponder for a while about writing book about being a Lighthouse Keeper but there are several on the market all ready. I might get around to it one day, that is if I can myself motivated.

Edgar Allen Poe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast