Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: co-op or tescos

Default co-op or tescos

i went to the co-op today to do some shopping found it alot dearer than it used to be so i decided to go to tescos instead it was alot cheaper i thought.

what about you what do you prefer.

co-op or tescos?
    live life to the full you never know when it will be taken from you !!!!!!!!!!

There is no Doubt it, between those two I prefer Tesco. Mind you I prefer Tesco at Wick as I find the Staff at Tesco Thurso Very Unhelpful and they do not carry as much Stock, so I drive through to Tesco Wick once every 2 weeks.

For all other shopping inbetween I go to Lidl and they are very good.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

yi the staff in our tescos are realy helpfull but iv never been in thurso tescos so i honestly couldnt say what the staff is like there lol

I use Lidl, Coop and Tesco. I went to Lidl tonight and found it to be extremelly reasonably priced. I really should go there more often for alot of things.

Tesco i tend to go in with a tiny list and come out with £100 worth of shopping easy!

Coop i found to be quite pricey now! I use it for fresh fruit and veg, so i tend to go in 2-3 times a week!

In lidl tonight too i seen the marmalade i eat for £1.21 and i paid double that in coop!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

lidl is good to i go there if i just need a couple of things.

i agree with you about tescos i go in for bread and milk and come out with a months shopping.

never mind its fun well so the other half says

I prefer tescos for doing my big shop but tend to go to somerfields on a wedensday as they have pretty good deals on most of the time.
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

I prefer tesco's as theres more room but there prices dont half fluctuate on a daily basis,must be the price wars wi asda.

Usually go to tescos but was watching what I bought the other day, 4 seperate tins of tomato soup (Heinz) was cheaper than buying a 4pack!!

Also Pasta, cheaper buying 2x500g than 1x1kg bag!!!

Prob most people think the opposite would be the case!!
    Its all good!!!
    It'l soon be Friday!! !!

must say i prefer shopping in the coop, i feel the staff are so much more plesant in there. also the money you get back twice yearly with your membership card is good.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    must say i prefer shopping in the coop, i feel the staff are so much more plesant in there. also the money you get back twice yearly with your membership card is good.
    aye i agree with you balto

You get 1% back with the Coop, so it is easy to calculate how much difference it is actually making to the prices they charge. If a bottle of wine is £4 in the Coop, you are actually getting it for £3.96 once you get your Dividend awarded. The Dividend vouchers look good when you get them, but it is worth bearing in mind that you had to spend £5000 to get £50 of vouchers!!

I shop very selectively in both the Coop and Somerfields, sticking pretty much to offers on items we need or occasionally buy. Our main shop is in Lidls, who offer the best ratio of quality to price by far. It is no exaggeration to say that they are 40% cheaper than the Coop on the items we used to buy from both stores. No-name biscuits, chocolate, yoghurts etc are superior to the famous names, and a lot cheaper. Check the percentages of the actual ingredients and have a taste to find out for yourselves. Lidl's Cheese has a name you won't recognise but used to be made by McLellands, Scotland's biggest cheese maker who make Seriously Strong cheddar and several other brand names. Likewise, the Bacon was branded by names you had never heard of but which the small print revealed to be the well known brand Tulip. Half the time you are paying for the prime names to advertise their products. Numerous products are made for Lidl by UK companies and it is best to forget the notion of cack being shipped in from Europe for the peasants who cannot afford to shop elsewhere. Aldi and Lidl both offer many quality products and real savings. If you prefer 40 lane checkouts and temptation on every corner, then Tesco is probably your best bet.

Aye,staff discount and shares are good too.

Default Coop or Tesco's

Would prefer to go to Asda's, as i was in one for the first time last week, down south, did not realize how reasonable the prices were, and how we are being ripped of by the Coop and Tesco's. The money i could have saved, and everyone else if we had an Asda, Should not forget to mention the Caithness Councilors who screwed it up, so we do not have an Asda in Wick or Thurso.

i live a couple steps away from lidls , they cool for few things ...but tescos is "the boy" i spend three figures in tescos evey time...canna help ma sel!!!!
    was in co-op today spent £15.80 and had 2 bags ...!!!!!!
    You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life. -ALBERT CAMUS

Quote Originally Posted by miranda View Post
    i live a couple steps away from lidls , they cool for few things ...but tescos is "the boy" i spend three figures in tescos evey time...canna help ma sel!!!!

was in co-op today spent £15.80 and had 2 bags ...!!!!!!
    Was that one for the Baileys and one for the bag of ice?

Quote Originally Posted by concerned resident View Post
    Would prefer to go to Asda's, as i was in one for the first time last week, down south, did not realize how reasonable the prices were, and how we are being ripped of by the Coop and Tesco's. The money i could have saved, and everyone else if we had an Asda, Should not forget to mention the Caithness Councilors who screwed it up, so we do not have an Asda in Wick or Thurso.
    Asda is not all it seems Not that cheap and not a lot of other things imop !! I prefer not to shop there really dont like it they do not have the quality or much else going for them
    Locally I use my Coop , Tesco and M&S foodstore all within 10 mins of the house if I go further afield 20 mins I go to Sainsburys
    I realise this is not the case in Caithness as I lived there for years but on your doorstep you have it all and its fresh
    Its nice to be nice

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    Was that one for the Baileys and one for the bag of ice?
    im a white wine girl jox , chardonnay or an asti
    You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life. -ALBERT CAMUS

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    There is no Doubt it, between those two I prefer Tesco. Mind you I prefer Tesco at Wick as I find the Staff at Tesco Thurso Very Unhelpful and they do not carry as much Stock, so I drive through to Tesco Wick once every 2 weeks.

For all other shopping inbetween I go to Lidl and they are very good.
    I apologise if I ever gave you poor service at tesco thurso. .

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    I apologise if I ever gave you poor service at tesco thurso. .
    No worries Matthew,i found the staff cheery enough when i was last up there.

Default Lidl

We shop at Tesco and Lidl for mst of our goods.

Mrs M thinks she has an eye for a bargain untill I pointed out the error of her ways this week. She brought home one packet of bacon that was (.Buy One Get One Free)

I am not fussed about spending time in a supermarket and often sit in the car, but I seem to have a lot of tools from Lidl that will come in one day
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast