Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fainting Goats

Default Fainting Goats

this is too good not to share
    http://www.qarxis.com/Fainting_Goats

for those of you who have not seen this already......brilliant, every home should have one for hours of entertainment!!!!

krieve Guest

lol the umbrella bit is funny

Sorry - didn't find this funny. I know the "falling down" is caused by a medical condition, which I hadn't heard of before, but I didn't enjoy watching the animals in distress

unicorn Guest

I agree Moira. Why on earth breed animals with known defects, that always makes me mad. If I bred rabbits like that and put video on here would it be so funny then?? I think not!!!

I have to agree with Moira and Unicorn...I cannot see anything funny about it at all!!
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

I didn't see much to laugh at either. Sorry.

am i supposed to laugh at this
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Question

Yep have to agree with you guys wasni laughing! Quite weird though but I'd imagine they really wouldni survive in wild cause if anything went to chase them they'd keel over therefore they would be easy targets so by natural selection they should of been extinct surely?
    Felt quite sorry for them really but they don't seem too bothered and just get back up...

pretty sad if you like watching this

I agree very sad, sorry I watched it now
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

yep all of the above
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

Must be something wrong with me, i found it funny! Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

It happens in humans too, google Myotonia.

Not funny.........can't stand when humans act in a manner as if they're above animals.........seems as if the animals here are the humans!

Glad i read through the posts first before clicking on the link..I cannot stand seeing animals in distress or find anything funny about it

i dont like seeing animals being hurt neither but u have to admit there is a funny side to it the animal have a gentic disorder . but it dose'nt hurt them .

unicorn Guest

But they are being deliberately bred with a genetic disorder for no good reason and I completely disagree with that, what good does it do them to be that way? What good is it to the breeder to breed them that way? I can only imagine they are doing it for their own amusement as I can see no benefit from it at all ! When you breed an animal you should be striving to improve the breed not weaken it...

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn
    But they are being deliberately bred with a genetic disorder for no good reason and I completely disagree with that,
    When you breed an animal you should be striving to improve the breed not weaken it...
    Totally agree unicorn..

Wait a minute, this all begs the question, should we the human race breed if there is the chance of inherited Myotonia Congenita?

If you watch the clip, it is plainly obvious that the news editor has made use of the same incidents more than once (edited cleverly). This is not a whole breed with the condition, it is a handful amongst many thousands. Otherwise numerous different myotonic episodes would be shown. They are just recognised as a breed that has the condition, pot luck if it shows up in their genes, same as humans.

I was once at a farm, where my young cousin was asked to hold the young billy goats tail, my Great Uncle 'docked' it with a rusty knife and left her with the tail in her hand. Now that's what I call cruel, don't you think?

Happens to young goats at farms all over, ever seen one with a long sharn covered tail?

Not funny at all. Not my kind of amusement.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

nop sorry guys didnt find this vid clip amusing at all, felt more sorry for the poor things more than anything else!!!
    A balanced diet is a cake in each hand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast