Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you like practical jokes?

Default Do you like practical jokes?

I've been doing a bit of research for the org quiz and found some info about bamboo by accident. Apparently some species of it can grow about 24 inches per day, to a height of 6 feet, but what I'm wondering is how quick it takes the first shoots to show? I've had the wicked idea of getting some seeds and scattering them in a colleagues garden when he's off on holiday, he'll return to a mini forest!

Some of you will know it's just the sort of thing I would do but what is the best/worst practical joke you know of?

I think that would be quite funny so I googled for it as well

http://www.wikihow.com/Grow-Bamboo-from-Seed

Why would something like that NOT suprise me of you two lol

Be warned the recipient may not find it funny.
    You would have a lot of digging to do to get the garden back and your friendship back on track!

i like practical jokes... if they arent being played on me.. but that DOES sound funny!
    "And so the lion fell in love with the lamb…What a sick, masochistic lion."

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    I've been doing a bit of research for the org quiz and found some info about bamboo by accident. Apparently some species of it can grow about 24 inches per day, to a height of 6 feet, but what I'm wondering is how quick it takes the first shoots to show? I've had the wicked idea of getting some seeds and scattering them in a colleagues garden when he's off on holiday, he'll return to a mini forest!

Some of you will know it's just the sort of thing I would do but what is the best/worst practical joke you know of?
    Tee hee - DOUBLE dare you
    PEACE LOVE LIGHT & HARMONY

[quote=lazytown;537528]I think that would be quite funny so I googled for it as well

http://www.wikihow.com/Grow-Bamboo-from-Seed[/quote

Sounds to me like too much hard work, but I like your thinking fella.

Having served in the Far East and many jungle excursions, I had a fair idea of the speed Bamboo grows.
    Back in 1984 I took my wife out to Thailand on an expedition to kayak the Kwai from source to sea, the first night in primary jungle I warned her that at night that most noise comes from the bamboo as it grows. She did not believe me.

Having set up the basher, we settled down and she was soon aware of what sounded like a heard of elephants crashing around us; no, it was simply the bamboo growing!

I think there would have to be a huge acceleration in global warming for this to work, but I once threw a handful of swede seeds into a favourite teacher's garden!

Just Outside The Gateway To Hell 3rd House On The Left

go for the cress seeds through the letter box
    Give a child a hammer and the whole world becomes a nail

Quote Originally Posted by Errogie View Post
    I think there would have to be a huge acceleration in global warming for this to work, but I once threw a handful of swede seeds into a favourite teacher's garden!
    I suppose that's better than the docken seeds some people have used http://forum.caithness.org/images/smilies/wink2.gif

My son got me when on holiday a few years back when I fell asleep in the sun. I was a bit overweight then and he decided to spell F-A-T G-I-T on my back with sun tan lotion, When I woke up there it was branded on my back slightly lighter than the rest of the surrounding skin, I only found out when I woke up and went to the bar for a drink and wondered why everyone was giggling and pointing at me.

Quote Originally Posted by Errogie View Post
    I like this idea....it has to be something fast growing, within a fortnight ideally.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    Be warned the recipient may not find it funny.
    You would have a lot of digging to do to get the garden back and your friendship back on track!
    He would find it funny........dunno about his wife though!! I would be a suspect but there are also another couple of guys that would be suspected too.

You have posted your intent on the org!
    That will put you as no1 suspect though
    If you do.... just think of the retaliation..
    You have been warned so no running to me complaining as I told you so!

Jox,the bamboo will workAnother one to try,the old fashioned cellophane over the bog at a house party.The expression on the faces as a tinkle becomes the sound effects of Singing in the rain.Don't worry about the jobby part,folk just think their magicians and have mastered floating.
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    You have posted your intent on the org!
    That will put you as no1 suspect though
    If you do.... just think of the retaliation..
    You have been warned so no running to me complaining as I told you so!
    I'm a Scotsman living in Hampshire and he is English. He's never heard of the org so it's highly unlikely that he'll know my intentions.

Ahh the 6 degrees of separation though .....someone you know and blab to will tell someone who will tell someone who knows his wife ..
    Either that or you will tell...

Get some Grass Killer and just spell out a rude word or phrase on his lawn, do it a couple of days before he comes back. You can then savour his reaction as the words/symbol slowly appear.

I did this years ago to a Supervisor I worked with who I couldn't stand. He had a 6 foot cartoon of male genitals on his lawn for ages.

Cheap to do and highly effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Hunt View Post
    Get some Grass Killer and just spell out a rude word or phrase on his lawn, do it a couple of days before he comes back. You can then savour his reaction as the words/symbol slowly appear.

I did this years ago to a Supervisor I worked with who I couldn't stand. He had a 6 foot cartoon of male genitals on his lawn for ages.

I hope his name wisnae Dick(Richard).
    Last edited by Cedric Farthsbottom III; 22-Apr-09 at 21:32. Reason: It is a family site after all LOL
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Hunt View Post

I'll need to remember this one for someone else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast