Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you met anyone famous??

Default Have you met anyone famous??

My daughter was at Dunrobin castle last Thursday and she met Ainsley Harriet

I have met Ian Botham and the policeman from Take the high road and i have played darts with Bobby George and Les Wallace buts thats it so far!!

Mr Sensitive Guest

Famous people? Hmmmph. Nope, no-one really interesting. But I've met a few famous birds:

Harry Potter's owl.

The famous grouse. No, not the whisky. The birds from the TV ad. Well, ok, I have met the whisky too. On many occasions. We've shared some great nights, the famous grouse and me. And some horrible mornings too.

Some other bird from a famous film. Don't recall the film title but the bird was white.

The whale from "Free Willy".

That's about it.

I was an extra in a film in 1957 "The Key" and shook hands with Sophia Loren.....never washed that hand for a fortnight

I have met several not so famous people

Danny la Rue
    Brian Rix
    Kevin Rowlands from Dexy's Midnight Runners - you would have to be as old as me to remember them although a friend of mine insists it was not him just someone who humoured me
    peggy from hi de hi cant rememeber her name in real life
    lots of Coronation Street Actors
    kissed Shane Ritchie once - mmmmmmmm
    The man that used to read the news on Look North West
    Steve Davies

Not one to name drop but - had lunch with Kevin Harper (ex-hibs) who wouldnt give me a ticket for the Gers game
    Spoke to David Beckham on the phone (awful shy lad the time)
    Malky Mackay (ex-celtic) who was decent enough to train some youngsters basic football skills - he also refused to tell me what they say in the celtic huddle
    And of course there is myself when I pass the mirror I ask for my autograph but refuse cause I haven t time for riff-raff

Not one to name drop but - had lunch with Kevin Harper (ex-hibs) who wouldnt give me a ticket for the Gers game
    Spoke to David Beckham on the phone (awful shy lad the time)
    Malky Mackay (ex-celtic) who was decent enough to train some youngsters basic football skills - he also refused to tell me what they say in the celtic huddle
    And of course there is myself when I pass the mirror I ask for my autograph but refuse cause I haven t time for riff-raff

Anonymous Guest

Default Name dropping!

You have even posted it twice if thats not name dropping!

Met Mani from the Stone Roses on Saturday! Yeah.

Supergrass in January

Steve McManaman

John Barnes

Gazza

and I was on the tele with Ant and Dec once upon a time!

erm, kissed fran, neill and dougie from travis - but not andy - met them in cornwall at the eclipse in 99 the day after ranger bet parma and I was wearing a rangers top and they all came over to speak,

met idlewild , shed 7 and kelly jones from stereophonics and got the crack with the all famous DONNIE MUNRO.....

been out in Aberdeen will Maurice Ross, oh of course went to school with David Mowat - star player of the cowdenbeath!!

Jerry- from jerry and the pacemankers......

OOOOOOOOOOOh i almost forgot i met busted at heathrow last year on my way to see the dixie chicks......

Tic Chick Guest

Sorry to be pedantic but Mani was from the Manic Street Preachers.

As for famous folk I've met, eh Billy Connelly briefly, Sally from Coronation St, some dude from Emmerdale and the lovely Queen Mum. Not really much to shout about.

Ooooh I met sally off coronation street too

I also worked with the brother of the girl who played Alan Bradleys daughter Jenny in Coronation Street - Sally Ann Matthews - and she was at my sisters wedding. Her brother Tim was very good friends with Michael Le Vell who played Kevin and he often used to come into the place we worked and make out like he was important lol

Default Famous

I played the pink oboe with Danni minogue....

Ally McCoist's auntie was at my uncle's wedding where I was a brides maid. Does that count? lol

And I've met Cobra - remember, from Gladiators.

That's all I can think of just now - would still love to meet Blythe Duff...

lol... the small time celebrities.

I met the guy that plays Cain Dingle, out of Emerdale Farm, a couple of months ago, Jeff Hortle I think his name is. He looks a beeg loon on telly, but he is a skinny bloke!! Maybe thats what the beeg black leather chaiked is for! I asked him if he went to school with me cause I said I had seen him before.

The Loafer
    Tally ho with a bing and a bong and a buzz-buzz-buzz

Quote Originally Posted by Tic Chick
    Sorry to be pedantic but Mani was from the Manic Street Preachers.

As for famous folk I've met, eh Billy Connelly briefly, Sally from Coronation St, some dude from Emmerdale and the lovely Queen Mum. Not really much to shout about.
    No, sorry you are wrong, Mani was the bass player for the Stone Roses and now plays bass for Primal Scream, Nicky Wire is the bass player for the Manics. Don't mean to be pedantic...

You couldn't get them mixed up, Mani is a stocky 5'6" manc, and Nicky Wire is a tall effeminate skinny Welshman.

Default met anyone famous ?

I met Louis Armstrong in 1951.
    He & his band were playing in Nelson, B.C., a town near my home town in Canada.
    It was in the ice rink and the ice had been covered up with boards. It was very cold.
    At the first intermission,my boyfriend & I went backstage with a message for Louis from a mutual friend.
    He was drinking a very thick syrup as his throat was scratchy and he had red mittens on, trying to keep his fingers warm.
    He was very charming to talk to and we were thrilled !!

FairyFi Guest

Never met anyone famous, but i do get mistaken for Catherine Zeta Jones down here in edinburgh quite alot, does that count?

FAYRAY Guest

My gran sold tickets for Newcastle United all her working life and when she died the whole team came to her funeral, Allen Shearer got realy drunk at the wake.
    My dad died on Piper Alpha and lots of dogooder famous people met us then the most famous being Prince Charles, I met him again last year when he was in Thurso and he actualy remembered who I was.

I was waiting for the train into San Francisco and when it arrived the doors opened and out came Richard Nixon with his entourage. He grabbed my hand and shook it. This was back in the 70's when he was still famous and not yet notorious. I have since scrubbed my hands thoroughly.

Sassylass
    An ye still voted for Arnie
    Golach
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast