Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pass or fail??

Default pass or fail??

aw...ye's will all be wonderin if i passed ma drivin test....

il put ye's oot o' yer misery....

i failed'ed (peepin ifanow)

eh.....i broke 'e speed limit comin doon northcote street and cliped 'e kurb in damn coach rod!!!!

i wis really nervous an til make things worse there wis a supervisor in 'e back o' 'e car wi me!!!

needless til say that am goin straight back in for'ed an ma instructor is payin for ma next test an all lessons til then.

ma mither offered til pay for 'e test an when i telt her 'e crack she says, ''well, il pay for yer third one then''

anyway...ats 'e bad news. 'e thot o' failin an tellin people that ye failed is worse than actually failin....an tellin people that ye failed.....

ma pride is dented a bity......

thanks for all 'e pms an text messages...i even got a guid luck caird!!!
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

Awww Trix I am sorry til hear that!You just have to get straight back at it,nerves are the worst part of the test so next time wont be so bad as you will know what to expect!Cheer up hun and get back behind the wheel asap xxx
    Last edited by Thumper; 24-Mar-09 at 20:23. Reason: because for some reason tonight my spelling is terrible!
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Ah trix I'm so disappointed for you. I had my fingers and toes crossed for you too. Never mind next time you'll be prepared now that you have done it once. How come your instructor is going to be paying for your test and your lessons?

PS You could always try putting a spell on the examiner to make you pass next time.

You failed this time but you can resit and hopefully wont be so bothered with your nerves jangling next time.It wouldna have helped with that mannie in the back too!! I am sure you will succeed eventually though so good luck for the next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Venture View Post
    How come your instructor is going to be paying for your test and your lessons?

PS You could always try putting a spell on the examiner to make you pass next time.
    i da ken venture...am still wonderin what 'e catch is!!
    hope he's no thinkin il be putin oot at 'e end o'ed only kiddin, its maybe choost a nice gesture??
    its true what they say....guid things happen til guid people....

'e worst thing aboot failin is 'e £s ye hev til cough up til get thro'ed again.
    when i wis doin ma spell i wis more focused on 'e cash i would lose than 'e actually passin.

note to oneself - be more clear aboot 'e main outcome next time
    Last edited by trix; 24-Mar-09 at 22:58. Reason: hed til add a wee bity...
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

Aw Trix, I have been there, twice, and I know how it feels. Well done for doing the test and keep going!
    (\__/)
    ( o.O) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (")_(") your signature, to help him gain World Domination.

Talking

Never mind trix you will pass next time.

sorry 2 hear that trix the best drivers r the ones that pass second time like me lol

Sorry to hear aswell trix, was so hoping you was gonna pass first time. oh well thoughts for the next one.

Sorry to hear that Trix but, as others have said, get straight back in the driving seat and apply for your next test immediately.

I won't tell you about my own experiences right now - suffice it to say I didn't pass first time either. I did however pass my driving test not many weeks "down the road" from my first one.

Stick with it Trix, you can do it!

Exclamation

poor trix
    next time dont get all jumpy an keep off e kerb
    never heard of a mannie in e back afore, maybe e instructor was nervous too with e mannie
    next time should do it .go for it tony

Never you mind Trix, you've got the perfect attitude to things: "am goin straight back in . . ."
    If I can give ye some grey haired and grey bearded advice, it would be to get as many minutes/hours behind the wheel as you possibly can. Lessons are necessary for learning the rules, but confidence and reduced nervousness comes with time.
    All the best lassagie,
    TOF

oh trix what a shame, never head m sure you will pass next time, fingers crossed, i failed twice and gave up, biggest regret i can tell you. anyway fingers crossed for next time.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Never mind Trix...your day will come.

Good on you trix for going straight back to it, I'm so sorry to hear you failed, but I must admit I had a quiet laugh at your speeding in Norhtcote St and clipping the curb in Coach Rd, but it is so easily done. Us supposed expert drivers drivers do these things all the time but we are lucky there is no examiner sitting in the car. As David Banks has said, get as many hours in as you can, it gives you the confidence that you need to enable you to relax on the big day.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

sorry til hear ye failed, but am sure ye'll do it next time...
    chin up!! :-)
    it's a sair fecht

Quote Originally Posted by trix View Post

note to oneself - be more clear aboot 'e main outcome next time
    That's exactly what I did when I failed the first time. I visualised myself driving round on my own, in my own car etc.
    When I did mine the second time the usual tested was on holiday and they had a guy up from Inverness. He made me feel at ease, chatted about non things like holidays and was generally more supportive, he didn't just sit with a clip board marking.
    Good like second time around. PMA and all that lol

Default Test

I have been told it is much harder to pass the driving test today than when I took mine.

I am sorry to here that it was not to be a first attempt for you Trix, but better luck next time.

I remember just how dissapointed I was when I failed twice, but stick at it at as I sure you will find it is worth it.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Failing a driving test in the U.K. is nothing to be ashamed of Trix. I did not even bother to take it when I lived there since I did not think I could pass it. I took the test in Canada and it was soooooo easy -- same thing here in the U.S., I had to drive around for a few minutes and that was it.

Good luck next time -- you probably won't be so nervous.

Smile

So sorry trix but hey, look on the bright side-all the best drivers passed 2nd time!!! Good luck for round 2 - knock 'em dead kid!
    cape locum et fac vestigium

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast