Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obscene Packaging...

Default Obscene Packaging...

Just opened my bag from the chemist today and took out the box...
    The box size is 147 x 82 x 26mm.
    I opened the box to find ONE tablet sealed in a bubble in it.
    The tablet size is 15 x 8 x 4mm.
    I could not believe all this packaging for one pill.
    It was not the chemists fault as it comes like this to them!

The box, if the contents were packaged correctly could hold just over 650 pills...

I find it obscene, all this wastefull cardboard for such a small item.

Can anyone out there beat this 'item to packet' ratio...

...and what are your thoughts on such things...

Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    The box, if the contents were packaged correctly could hold just over 650 pills...
    How did you work that out?

Don't you know that sometimes the contents settle after packaging?

For you Crayola
    Multiply box dimensions.
    Multiply pill dimensions.
    Divide box volume by pill volume.

Hugs

Angel

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    How did you work that out?
    She went out and bought another 649.

For you Crayola
    Multiply box dimensions.
    Multiply pill dimensions.
    Divide box volume by pill volume.

Hugs

Angel
    Lol, that's what I did but I made a mistake.

Thanks

mind when i worked in woolies, and we got deliveries at the record bar, a large box would often contain 1 cd.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

I bought some biscuits that had wrapping then more wrapping and when i tore that off they were all individually wrapped too,what a waste.

Question

I'm just wondering what kind of prescription blesses you with ONE pill!
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

We purchased several items from Screwfix and we found that two small allen screws were missing from the item, We contacted Screwfix and they dispatched the screws straight away We then recieved a very large box with two screws sellotaped to the bottom.
    When we contacted screwfix to find out why such a large box for something that would have fitted in an envelope the explained that they are tied in to a courier contract and are only allowed to send two sizes of box the large box we got was the smallest.
    It is a great shame that these companies lack common sence it was a complete farse no wonder we are running out of space to put rubbish while all this un nessesery packaging goes on
    Live and let live
    Life is too short

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Manners View Post
    We purchased several items from Screwfix and we found that two small allen screws were missing from the item, We contacted Screwfix and they dispatched the screws straight away We then recieved a very large box with two screws sellotaped to the bottom.
    When we contacted screwfix to find out why such a large box for something that would have fitted in an envelope the explained that they are tied in to a courier contract and are only allowed to send two sizes of box the large box we got was the smallest.
    It is a great shame that these companies lack common sence it was a complete farse no wonder we are running out of space to put rubbish while all this un nessesery packaging goes on
    This is the waste production industry in full swing.

Have had four paracetamol in a box for 32 with the number changed on the outside.

At christmas had a huge box delivered from Boots direct at Nottingham with three items (not available in Wick) which would have fitted into a child size shoe box. It was as big as a small wheelie bin! and the caps were filled in with bubble wrap and waxed paper. Their excuse also was the courier only allowing two sizes of box.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

I had a delivery from Amazon.co.uk last week, the box was about ten inches square by 4 inches deep and inside under loads of crumpled brown paper was a tiny velvet pouch containing the silver charm I had ordered. I remember thinking at the time how ridiculous the packaging was when a simple small jiffy bag would have sufficed.
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Default Waste

Some of the gadgets you see in Tesco for the computer ( dongle etc ) are packed to make them look like you are buying somthing expensive and it takes an hour to get at them .
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

Default excessive

i dont do excessive packaging, i take what i buy out of the packaging while in the shop and leave it with them, i have had a few arguements about it, but the law states that you do not have to accept excessive packaging,

i reckon we should
    hang em
    hang em
    hang em

for excessive packaging

Quote Originally Posted by riggerboy View Post
    i dont do excessive packaging, i take what i buy out of the packaging while in the shop and leave it with them, i have had a few arguements about it, but the law states that you do not have to accept excessive packaging,
    Is this true or did you make it up? I want it to be true then I can leave the needless crap at the point of sale. Incidentally, when I buy a newspaper, (very rare these days), I leave all the supplements etc. that comes with it in the shop.

On re-reading your post I realised that's a big tablet, do you have to swallow it whole?

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    Is this true or did you make it up? I want it to be true then I can leave the needless crap at the point of sale. Incidentally, when I buy a newspaper, (very rare these days), I leave all the supplements etc. that comes with it in the shop.
    My concern would be if I did leave the packaging could I trust the shop to actually recycle it.

I bought shoes last week from DE's and they asked if I wanted the box so I said no as they could recycle it for me, DE's have no recycling boxes at all and I was told the box would just go in the bin with the rest of the rubbish so I took it home to put in my own recycling. That's quite disappointing that a shop where 99% of it's products are boxed does not recycle.

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    On re-reading your post I realised that's a big tablet, do you have to swallow it whole?
    It may not be for swallowing
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post

In European countries, the supermarkets have a right to the consumer to recycle the packaging. Before you leave a supermarket you can take all your food items out of the excess packaging and put it into containers supplied inside the shop.
    In britain the supermarkets dont have this, but then we do have a right not to take the excess packaging as riggerboy stated.

My worst was Bratz toys, Three items and it still takes half hour to get past the packaging.

Just opened my bag from the chemist today and took out the box...
    The box size is 147 x 82 x 26mm.
    I opened the box to find ONE tablet sealed in a bubble in it.
    It was not the chemists fault as it comes like this to them!

I find it obscene, all this wastefull cardboard for such a small item.

Can anyone out there beat this 'item to packet' ratio...

...and what are your thoughts on such things...

Angel

If you are so worried and angry about the Packaging for one Tablet then would it not have been better to write to the Company who produces the product. You should be complaining to them about this as you never know they just might listen to you and change their Packaging.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast