Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who Would Be A Bobbie In Wick ????

Angry Who Would Be A Bobbie In Wick ????

Ihave just witnessed a sight that made me sick to the stomic, in wellington street not five mins ago a bobbie that was born and brought up in wick was being attacked by a worthless petrol sniffing druggy.

the bobbie had radioed no less than 6 times for assistance but no one came what is happening when one man has to fight that should be part of a team ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????

i myself phoned the police station and was told somone was on there way and still no one came???????????????????

i was so frustraited seeing this i nearly got out the car myself to help but thanks to one good hearted male passerby he aided the bobbie and he finnally managed to get cuffs on this nutter

well done to this bobbie for not backing down.

THERE ARE A FEW GOOD BOBBIES IN WICK

wickerinca Guest

Hi tigger

Think that you may have posted in the wrong place but what a post!!
    Poor bobby............they can't have an easy time of it. Glad that he got help to get the guy under control......there are so many nutters out there!!

Quote Originally Posted by tigger
    Ihave just witnessed a sight that made me sick to the stomic, in wellington street not five mins ago a bobbie that was born and brought up in wick was being attacked by a worthless petrol sniffing druggy.

the bobbie had radioed no less than 6 times for assistance but no one came what is happening when one man has to fight that should be part of a team ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????

i myself phoned the police station and was told somone was on there way and still no one came???????????????????

i was so frustraited seeing this i nearly got out the car myself to help but thanks to one good hearted male passerby he aided the bobbie and he finnally managed to get cuffs on this nutter

well done to this bobbie for not backing down.

THERE ARE A FEW GOOD BOBBIES IN WICK
    tigger, it would probably frighten you to know how thin on the ground they are at times. It's quite probably there was no bobbies near enough to get there.
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

good one tigger - well said!!

typical another nutter on the loose what happening with the cops i thought there is always supposed to be two coppers together at all times incase something like this happens but i could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Bingobabe
    typical another nutter on the loose what happening with the cops i thought there is always supposed to be two coppers together at all times incase something like this happens but i could be wrong
    i thought that as well, they should give them tazers to zap they junkies with 100,000 volts...that would shut them up

Default Bobbie in Wick

If we want the protection of the Police we have to help - but they normally ask you not to get involved - I would like to see some form of comment from his bosses

Quote Originally Posted by JimH
    If we want the protection of the Police we have to help - but they normally ask you not to get involved - I would like to see some form of comment from his bosses
    Well i'm glad it was a bobbie he attacked and not one of us lot..at least something might get done about it..what about the protection of us ordinary folk too.
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

I felt sick to the stomach reading this, poor man, but why was he on his own and not with another bobby? thank goodness there were witnesses. the assailant will be dealt with harshly, the sherriffs are very stern with people who attack our policemen.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

krieve Guest

Yes Fran they are very stern when it comes to policemen ,but say it was you or i that this had happened to would the sheriff be so stern with the attacker then probably not . I am sorry the policeman got attacked but like you lot have said why was he by himself??

Cool

I passed this incident last night at 8.30. The Fed had his Truncheon raised behind his head & cs gas spray at the ready with the other arm(obviously) & the baddy was dancing about, whilst being watched by lots of amused folk

When something kicks off here in Linc's and you call the police how ever small a thing your reporting, you get at least 2 cars with 2 cops in each. Our boys in blue are big hefty men not just young PCs out of training. They would think nothing of getting stuck in straight away. could you not send in letters to the chief constable to ask why you dont have enough back-up up there? You all deserve a good police force where ever you live.
    computer says no ........

Its all about resourses and cutbacks.Location has a lot to do with it to .Where Paris stays the population is greater so require more officers .Wick on the other hand need less.Or maybe because of the nice quiet location .... not so many are needed ,after all it is Caithness
    NOW DONT START SCREAMING AT ME THERE IS AN ELEMENT OF SARCASM THERE
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

shame on the polis guy. but hello the police out on the streets of pultney walking man thats unusual.

Cool

Wise up woman, He had a car with him , although when he`s off duty he runs around like Forrest Gump, complete sports freak.
    Just so he can catch the baddies...........

Aye , the car was at the 1 stop shop & it was kicking off beside it, maybe the `baddie` had been silly in the shop? the copper was in the shop after 10pm so that could be a reason

The reason the police worked in pairs used to be because Scottish Courts used to require more than one person to give evidence about an incident.
    One was there in order to give evidence and the other to corroborate it.

I don't know if that is still the case, it might have changed, in which case they would be more able to work alone rather than in pairs.

Paris seems to be rather lucky, in most places the Police seem to be so thin on the ground that people play Hunt the Policeman for big prizes.

If anybody wants to tell you about the times there was a Policeman on every corner I'll let you into a secret, in those days it was sunny all summer and the snow was never less than two feet thick in winter. Sorry, I forgot, and you never had to wait more than two minutes for a bus.
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

from my understanding the man went bonkers on the lassies in the shop.. and tried to attack them.. at least it was caught on tape so there is evidence on what happened
    http://itqueries.com/

hey nobody mentioned the car. still polis out and about still odd.

They mustve been called, unless Doss has an alarm in the shop direct to station road, WHICH i SERIOUSLY DOUBT

So, Tigger was about to get out to help (well done Tigger!), but along came a citizen who probably recognises the police do a good job under very difficult circumstances and assisted the officer make his arrest.

I just wonder how many others would have just walked away........

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast