Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: beetroot juice

Default beetroot juice

I have heard the benifits of drinking beetroot juice - but pray tell, where can one buy it? Not in tescos where you can buy about everything else!
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

I don't know where to get beetroot juice up here, maybe get it online. I eat a lot of beetroot rather that juice it. I'm a bit addicted to it and often have it instead of potatoes with a meal.

Quote Originally Posted by katarina View Post
    I have heard the benifits of drinking beetroot juice - but pray tell, where can one buy it? Not in tescos where you can buy about everything else!
    You can buy it online, here:

http://www.ethicalsuperstore.com/search/beetroot-juice/

Some general information about the benefits:

http://www.juicingbook.com/vegetables/beet/

Quote Originally Posted by katarina View Post
    Why not buy yourself a juicer and make your own. You can buy fresh pre-packed cooked beetroot from Tescos and the Co-op. Ive made mine adding tomato juice.

I love pickled beetroot and drinking the leftover vinegar, makes my mouth water just thinking about it.
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Why not start growing your own? I have bought some seeds to grow beetroot this year and they are white beetroot....... I assume it will taste the same
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Easyest thing to do would be to buy a juicer i have one never use it now u have to remember that juiced fruits tastes the sames as if you were eating it if that makes any sense juiced fruits and vegs dont tast anything like what u would taste in a carton?

I love beetroot (both fresh and pickled) but didn't like the juice. Need a smiley wi a 'soor' face!
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

I don't think I would like beetroot juice by itself but one of my favorite juices is beetroot, carrots, apple and a wee bit of fresh ginger root. If you do buy a juicer, don't buy a cheap one -- they don't do a very good job and cleaning it is work. The health benefits aside, it is fun just tossing different fruits and veggies in the juicer and seeing how they taste when combined.

thanks to all who replied. You have been very helpful.
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.