Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Dounreay holiday dates

Default Dounreay holiday dates

hello is anybody able to give me dates when Dounreay is shut?
    i know that they are closed in April, May, August and Xmas but looking for exact dates?

thanks

Dounreay doesn't shut, there is always staff working all year round.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Dounreay Holidays:

Easter: 10th and 13th April
    May: 25th and 26th May
    August: 3rd and 4th August
    December: 25th Dec to 4th Jan

If you drop me a PM with your email address I will be happy to send you a Caithness FM 1 page calender which shows both the Dounreay and school holidays for 2009
    Find CFM on 102.5

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    Dounreay doesn't shut, there is always staff working all year round.
    I think that may be libellous Changi, accusing them of working.

Well done on the 3k.

cheers Jox.

Do you mean to tell me that hubby has lied to me for the past 3 years, telling me he was working xmas day grrrrrr - if it wasn't for the fact that I like his wages that would be grounds for divorce.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

cheers Jox.

Do you mean to tell me that hubby has lied to me for the past 3 years, telling me he was working xmas day grrrrrr - if it wasn't for the fact that I like his wages that would be grounds for divorce.
    I don't want to cause a marriage breakdown, and I rarely heed rumours but my source is good-the person who told me I trust implicitly.

cheers Jox.

The majority of Dounreay staff get the Dounreay holidays, but some positions do need to be covered 24/7/365 - he probably has one of those (I always found the triple time for working Christmas Day (not at Dounreay, this was somewhere else) made up for the inconvenience!)