Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbee - Looking for a new Pal

Smile Newbee - Looking for a new Pal

After the loss of Jess our loving collie to cushings disease just before Christmas we now feel ready for a new family member as the place seems so empty.
    Jess was with us for nearly nine lovely years, a rescue dog from Balmore. So Sunday past we paid the centre another visit looking for another pal. We connected with one dog a collie cross, but unfortunately it was spoken for. So the quest goes on for a new family member.

I dont suppose that collie was called Shep? There is a 1 year old collie on their website that i saw called Shep, he looked gorgeous!!! Me and my OH was thinking about rehoming him but we are looking for a kitten just now.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Not Shep Shelly, though he is a lovely dog, full of life and those ears and big eyes. Well under weight when he was brought in, but the staff at the centre have worked their magic and he is nearly back to weight.

Quote Originally Posted by nobby159 View Post
    Not Shep Shelly, though he is a lovely dog, full of life and those ears and big eyes. Well under weight when he was brought in, but the staff at the centre have worked their magic and he is nearly back to weight.
    Ahhh u are supposed to tell me "yes it was Shep" because now i am just going to want to go see him and take him home with me!! lol.

I hope you find a new companion soon...im off to pester the OH to see if he will let me get Shep! It will likely be a no for now.

EDIT - My OH is phoning about Shep tomorrow! AHH IM SO EXCITED!
    Last edited by ShelleyCowie; 25-Feb-09 at 23:14.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Brilliant, good luck, what do I say, it's a Collie crossed with a Tigger, it's bottoms are made out of springs, it bounces all over the place.

have you tried phoning here they usually have collies in..its on the black isle.
    http://www.munlochyanimalaid.co.uk/

Brilliant, good luck, what do I say, it's a Collie crossed with a Tigger, it's bottoms are made out of springs, it bounces all over the place.
    Oh i really do hope we get him. Want to spoil him and make it feel as homely as possible!

My OH has had a collie before. And i am quite used to dogs, ie the walking etc etc...but it gives me a reason to pull my bum away from this chair and get out walking again.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Well i phoned about Shep this morning and he actually already has a new home, sad on my part cos i was kinda looking forward to it. Asked about the other dogs and they are not sure about rehoming if i have a cat!

Never mind my search will continue and hopefully shep gets on great in his new home!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Shelly, sorry the Shep was not to be, you were so excited about the possibility. The good thing as you say is that Shep has a home and fingers crossed a good one.

Jean many thanks not seen this place before, maybe because I have not looked hard enough, will try over the weekend.
    Has anyone had dealings with Munlocky any comments

Shelly, sorry the Shep was not to be, you were so excited about the possibility. The good thing as you say is that Shep has a home and fingers crossed a good one.
    It is a shame, and yes i was so excited, i was up til the very early hours thinking about it and right away at 10am i was straight on the phone! But as you said, he has a home and hopefully a good one!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

munlochy not the best the people there not very helpful i found the last couple times went and they have funny openin times canna mind wot they r now tho

Thanks for the snippet Feegilmour, the times are on the web site, closed Friday and Monday

Iona who runs it has been nominated for an MBE. she really puts her animals first thats why she has opening hours for visitors as shes off walking dogs whatever at other times. its all voluntary so shes not open all day every day.she has a lot of work mucking out etc as she has all sorts not just dogs and cats.
    Ive known loads of folk to get dogs from there and she is more than helpful. It might help to phone first and ask some questions before you go all the way there as she may not have in what you are looking for but she would put you on a waiting list maybe.
    Opening Hours

Monday - Closed all day
    Tuesday - 10.30am - 11am & 6.15pm - 7pm
    Wednesday - 10.30am - 11am & 6.15pm - 7pm

Thursday - 10.30am - 11am & 6.15pm - 7pm

Friday - Closed all day
    Saturday - 11am - 3pm
    Sunday 1pm - 3pm

01463 811722or 07740237728
    Last edited by jean; 26-Feb-09 at 23:45. Reason: to add visiting times and contact details.

After the loss of Jess our loving collie to cushings disease just before Christmas we now feel ready for a new family member as the place seems so empty.
    Jess was with us for nearly nine lovely years, a rescue dog from Balmore. So Sunday past we paid the centre another visit looking for another pal. We connected with one dog a collie cross, but unfortunately it was spoken for. So the quest goes on for a new family member.
    have pm you x

Search is over (we hope)
    First off many thanks to all the advice and help from the Orger's
    Now enter Cody, a collie x lab, one year old all legs and brawn. Cody is the dog we saw last week at Balmore, but was spoken for. But fortunately for what ever reason the placement did not happen, and we were able to bring Cody home yesterday. Now the training starts isn't bribery wonderful.
    Big thank you to the SSPCA staff at Balmore
    And a big thank you again to the Orger's

Aw that is awsome news! Glad you could give Cody a home!

(I got myself 2 new wee friends, called Gizmo and Jox) Adopted 2 gerbils yesterday so happy families all around!

You got any pictures of Cody?
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Shelly
    That's brilliant
    Will take some later and try and post them
    Cheers

Thats fantastic news.

I'm sure you'll have great fun and lots of tales to tell us over on pets forum, collie cross labs are "bouncy".

Ps Beardies are "screwballs" just ask teenybash.We've had 6 months with ours and i could write volumes.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast