Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: valentines day

Default valentines day

what is everyone doing tonight your partners treating you to anything romantic??

im cooking my husband a nice meal and relax for the evening..

Ivy we're having last nights curry .too tired fighting with the powers that be to be romantic.May just crawl into bed early and see what happens......

My husband was going to buy steak but the local butchers did not have any!!!! It was too late to cook a chicken so we opted for a Chinese - now thats eaten I can sit and chill out and joy, have no pans to clean!

were going to have a nice meal when hubby is done work which isnt till 8pm hungry now thou, still will enjoy it plus a nice bottle o wine is chilling, all we need is peace from the kids.

....we exchanged cards and rank a bottle of wine together (Spanish Tempranillo) We watched 'Monster' a dvd present from my wife - excellent film- as we quaffed the vino. I also had a woolly hat!!

Wife received a boxed set of Rab C Nesbitt - essential bed time viewing for the next three weeksish. Love a laugh before sleep. <no gags - we've dun em all>

Over the pond, but not quite over the hill yet

I had to work in the evening yesterday, but hubby got home before I left. When I came downstairs after getting dressed for work, he had a lovely bouquet of flowers waiting for me on the coffee table. He'd put them in a beautiful new crystal vase, which was part of my present, and there was a card sitting next to it. Then when I got home from work, he had a glass of my favourite wine waiting for me, and Andrea Bocelli was singing in the background. Hubby had bought me Andrea's new CD 'Amore' as an extra surprise! I gave him a soppy card and silk tie, but I got the better deal, don't you think?
    Last edited by Sporran; 15-Feb-06 at 19:50.

Sporran - it sounds wonderful. Enjoy your flowers.

I didnt even get a card ! SO i ignored him all evening.
    computer says no ........

Paris - not even a card! Put that man on the computer and let me talk to him. I'll give him a few words on this subject.

Talking

*giggles* got a note in teh p@J sickly sweet .. just look for my name *winks*
    a dozen roses AND a card!
    too bad i was too sick to enjoy it!
    my best valentine gift was hubby took the kids over and let me stay in bed all day!
    http://itqueries.com/

Quote Originally Posted by paris
    I didnt even get a card ! SO i ignored him all evening.
    He deserves to be in the dog house for that! I hope he makes it up to you on Mother's Day, paris! Next Valentine's Day, you should buy yourself a card, have a friend sign it "From a secret admirer", and post it to yourself! Better yet, arrange to have some flowers delivered to you "From a secret admirer" as well! Rattle his cage a bit, I say! Besides, by this time next year, the new slim you might well have a few secret admirers!
    Last edited by Sporran; 16-Feb-06 at 05:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporran
    He deserves to be in the dog house for that! I hope he makes it up to you on Mother's Day, paris! Next Valentine's Day, you should buy yourself a card, have a friend sign it "From a secret admirer", and post it to yourself! Better yet, arrange to have some flowers delivered to you "From a secret admirer" as well! Rattle his cage a bit, I say! Besides, by this time next year, the new slim you might well have a few secret admirers!
    but did paris treat her husband??

Quote Originally Posted by canuck
    Sporran - it sounds wonderful. Enjoy your flowers.
    I am, thanks, canuck! I love flowers, and a fair amount of my house decor is testimony to that, when it comes to curtains, upholstery, etc. I'm even quite a flowery person when it comes to my clothes!

BTW, I read your post on the other Valentine's thread, and I, too, was expecting "Gentlemen in Black Velvet" to be about something romantic, and not moles!