Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Traffic lights.

Default Traffic lights.

Whilst sitting waiting for hubby to get his saturday night chocolate feast from meiklejohns I sat watching the traffic lights so as you can imaging yes I was pretty bored.

I was shocked to see that the traffic lights at the front of meiklejohns( facing up dempster steet and across from spot shop) the green light stays on green for 6 seconds them back to red. Surley this cant be right.

Quote Originally Posted by telfordstar View Post
    Whilst sitting waiting for hubby to get his saturday night chocolate feast from meiklejohns I sat watching the traffic lights so as you can imaging yes I was pretty bored.

I was shocked to see that the traffic lights at the front of meiklejohns( facing up dempster steet and across from spot shop) the green light stays on green for 6 seconds them back to red. Surley this cant be right.
    What difference does it make?, Traffic Lights are the same as the Roundabouts, no one in Wick knows how to use them properly, it's usually just a free for all

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    What difference does it make?, Traffic Lights are the same as the Roundabouts, no one in Wick knows how to use them properly, it's usually just a free for all

Valid point but still be annoying as hell if your in a queue it would take a while to get through.

There's a traffic sensor on those lights. The longer the queue, the longer they're at green.

Quote Originally Posted by telfordstar View Post

This happens in Thurso too unfortunaltly.

The ones at tesco are the worst, only lets about 3 cars get through regardless of how many cars are there... probably because the other traffic lights are busier.

Drives me mad when traffic lights stay green right up until you are at them and then they go amber.... no way is there enough time to stop. Happens to me the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by telfordstar;
    .....I was shocked to see that the traffic lights at the front of meiklejohns( facing 6up dempster steet and across from spot shop) the green light stays on green for 6 seconds them back to red. Surley this cant be right.
    6 seconds? I'm almost sure the last time I tried to drive from Dempster Street on my way to the Co-op (straight across the crossroads) it took me almost 10 minutes (or so it seemed).

The traffic lights on the Cliff Road/Dempster Street/Thurso Street junction have never been the "intelligent" kind, more's the pity. Pedestrians take a great risk attempting to walk across the crossroads in any direction.

What are traffic lights, please? Are they the things you switch on at night so people know to get out of your way?
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

Quote Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
    What are traffic lights, please? Are they the things you switch on at night so people know to get out of your way?
    I like your style
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    the same as the Roundabouts, no one in Wick knows how to use them properly, it's usually just a free for all
    Speaking of which...to the guy who pulled onto the roundabout in front of me as I was going around it, you are meant to give way to traffic on the right, not get in the way of it. So that's give way, not get in the way.