Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Highland Clearances

Talking Highland Clearances

I am due to give a presentation at work in a few weeks on a topic of my choice. I would like to cover the highland clearances does anyone know where I could find out accurate information on this. I am overseas at the moment so cant get any books and i am limited to what websites I can access.

Thanks in advance.

Try here. There will be much more on this site if you search.

Also checkout... badbeafamilies.com
    Nice graphical intro with pictures....FYI......sr

I can highly recommend this work by an anthropologist who was later closely associated with the Dunbeath heritage centre:

http://www.btinternet.com/~paulbasu/.../nl-title.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Evil View Post
    I am due to give a presentation at work in a few weeks on a topic of my choice. I would like to cover the highland clearances does anyone know where I could find out accurate information on this. I am overseas at the moment so cant get any books and i am limited to what websites I can access.

Thanks in advance.
    It is a lifetime of study for most of us and it will still be controverial as the experts' views keep changing. Choose another topic - something simple like 'Does God Exist?'!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Evil View Post

Thanks in advance.
    why don't you choose double vodka and coke, you should be good at that one.
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore