Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dear God......

Default Dear God......

.....I'm so bored.

Was texted at 4.45am telling me not to come into work cos of snow. It's only about 2 inches of the stuff. I've to await further info. Blooming soft Southerners. Morning telly is rubbish. Had a look at News 24-boring. Can't play music cos of others in the house-ditto, the PS3. Not in the mood for reading. Sitting here going out of my mind. I want to go to work, instead of sitting here talking to cyberspace. Is anyone listening?

Sod them. I've had enough, I'm going back to bed.

Sorry I wasnt up earlier Jox we couldve had a chinwag. We have 13 feet of snow here in Wick but that wont stop us going to work!!!!!
    The roads dont look too bad but I'll know more once I get out the A99 a bit, hopefully not too bad. Heater on full Chris Moyles blasting through the stereo that should do the trick!!!!

Good morning again everyone, I needed that couple of hours extra in bed. Looking out the window now and it hasn't snowed for several hours, although there is more forecast. I could have gone to work. Hey ho, since I have the day off I may as well put it to good use and make a snowman.

Remember to make a snow angel too!!

Just had another text from boss saying "Day off". Too right I will, my shift finishes at 1.30pm.

Jox some people down here are too ready to give up. We have had a few people from Basingstoke saying they cannot make it into work. Boss is not impressed!
    (\__/)
    ( o.O) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (")_(") your signature, to help him gain World Domination.

I managed to make it to work just fine today! Im here aint i!

My shift started at 10am though! It is probably a 13 hour shift tho!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    I managed to make it to work just fine today! Im here aint i!

My shift started at 10am though! It is probably a 13 hour shift tho!
    If it gets too much for you then I'm sure Gizmo will call round and help. Just don't suggest putting on background music.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
    Jox some people down here are too ready to give up. We have had a few people from Basingstoke saying they cannot make it into work. Boss is not impressed!
    Two of the guys I work with live in Basingstoke and both went into work, passing through Tadley, where I live. One didn't bother looking at his phone when he got up, the other refuses to give out his phone number, so both made pointless 14 mile journeys. Now if they could get into work at 4am and 4.30am, and I could have got in at 5am, what's stopping the rest of the county.

PS Both guys lived in North England,(not together),at one time so know about hellish snow falls.

Oh yeah a bit of snow and its all panic. The snow burried about a third the way up my car tyres this morning but like a proper man i dug my car out and proceeded along the dirty road to work.

Now at work no one is phoning and the reception is quiet. Was meant to be going to Inverness this afternoon for a Seminar but doubt that is happening.

As i work in the wick town centre i can see there is little activity this fine day.

oooooh its snowing now! Wonder if ill get home.
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

its crazy what a little bit o snow can do,i dont remember everything stopping like this years ago.its not even a lot o snow by my reckoning.theres the gritter coming up my street at last,we live on a hill so you can get down all right but not back up if its too bad.oh well must go and have snowball fight with the dog,at least hes happy!

wur wifies an manies wisna in aday but we were, in doin paperwork.

'iss wis one mornin i could o' stayed in ma bied.....all day....
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    If it gets too much for you then I'm sure Gizmo will call round and help. Just don't suggest putting on background music.
    Lol there is alot more music than Muse and The Levellers that i like! Just a while ago i was playing Rockband 2! Was drummin along to System of a Down, Q.O.T.S.A. And FOB!

Plus Gizmo is very busy....i am watching him on tv right now!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Got a phone call at 6.25am - school closed. Don't know why - could have made it.
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ricco View Post
    Got a phone call at 6.25am - school closed. Don't know why - could have made it.
    You could have made a school! What else can you build?

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    You could have made a school! What else can you build?
    very witty.
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

Over here in California, we're hoping for snow this weekend. It's in the forecast we will get snow down to the 4000 foot mark. May not seem very low to Scots, but our house is at 5,200! Up there when there is snow, they usually close the schools the first day of a fall since the roads might be too dangerous for the kids to get to school. The older kids then drop mom at work in the SUV, and drive (much further) to the ski resorts!

Don't mock the Southerners too much about the snow, they may feel offended and before we know it snow will be banned.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

HiJOX,
    Was speaking to our friends on Skype they live in Baughurst which is next to you.They said the weather was pretty bad.Never mind it's 30 degree's today in Blenheim today,must away to drink my nice cooling drink.
    Regards JL
    I INTEND TO LIVE FOREVER, SO FAR SO GOOD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast