Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: technical forklift question............

Default technical forklift question............

This is the second time google has failed me today..............

Does anyone know what engine is in a Caterpillar V265c forklift ?

Just on the off chance.....

This might help it might not

search terms used .... "engine"+"Caterpillar V265c "
    and going by the number i would guess at something like a 2650cc engine? maybe another 0 on the end?

I found this on one site :-

Large Pneumatic (6 ton - 16 ton)
    DP60
    DP70
    DP80
    DP80N
    DP90
    DP90N
    DP100
    DP100N
    DP115
    DP120N
    DP135
    DP135N
    DP150
    DP150N
    DP160N
    V135C
    V155C
    V165C
    V180C
    V200C
    V200C STR
    V225C
    V265C
    V300C
    V330C

So it looks like it is a fairly large beastie. I will look to see if I can find something more.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Default thanks

thanks guys but been on both of those......

what i need to know is WHAT engine as in cummins , perkins other etc......

doesn't seem to be in any detail.... reason being have option to buy forklift but the engine not in it........ thanks.......

Caterpillar i believe ?

i think a lot of the cat forklifts are cat engines in them.A lot of the newer model cat forklifts are the exact same as a mitzubiza forklift just a different badge the same as a hyster forklift is the same as a Yale forklift.
    Why do you want to now what type of engine is in a cat.
    The website below is a good site to register with if u want to talk about forklifts its quite a helpfull bunch people there.

http://www.forkliftaction.com/
    Last edited by EDDIE; 28-Jan-09 at 22:01.

Default hey

thanks for link - I want to know what engine to put in the forklift......we may buy one but there is no engine for it....so it was a stab in the dark if anyone knew what engine was in it.....

Quote Originally Posted by KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN View Post
    thanks for link - I want to know what engine to put in the forklift......we may buy one but there is no engine for it....so it was a stab in the dark if anyone knew what engine was in it.....
    Well if u get the setrial number of the truck and ask briggs for the information they are the uk dealer for the trucks.
    http://www.briggsequipment.co.uk/hs/best_practice.html

If it hasnt got an engine it will probably need a torque convertor to u have to watch what u are doing if your thinking about soing up an old forklift because the older the forklift gets the price of the parts gets a lot higher it can end up being more trouble than its worth
    And the other website below is owned by gary and he sells forklift parts and second hand forklifts.Garys a nice guy worth a phone call

http://www.flpco.com/
    Last edited by EDDIE; 28-Jan-09 at 23:30.

What a good, helpful thread.

Default hey

Quote Originally Posted by EDDIE View Post
    Well if u get the setrial number of the truck and ask briggs for the information they are the uk dealer for the trucks.
    http://www.briggsequipment.co.uk/hs/best_practice.html

If it hasnt got an engine it will probably need a torque convertor to u have to watch what u are doing if your thinking about soing up an old forklift because the older the forklift gets the price of the parts gets a lot higher it can end up being more trouble than its worth
    And the other website below is owned by gary and he sells forklift parts and second hand forklifts.Garys a nice guy worth a phone call

http://www.flpco.com/

hey thanks for that - it's ok about the "doing up" have got experience of doing up and breaking up , and breaking down....haha!!!