Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: What is it called?

Default What is it called?

Hi, does anybody know what the name of the place is beside the SECC is it a Holiday Express, Inn or Travel Lodge and the name of the street it is on? I am not meaning the City Inn (it too dear)

Many thanks!
    Purrrfect !!

not sure about travel inn etc but we have used the Campenile before, just beside SECC and we got triple room for April this year for £49 - food expensive tho!

Hi there,

I think you mean the Crowne Plaza, Its actually connected to the SECC via a walkway.

Hope that helps

It is the Crowne Plaza....very convenient if you are going to something at the SECC but as per the previous recommendation...for a short walk across the car park from the SECC would recommend the Campernile...very reasonably priced and if you are only going for a night or two then its grand. Have stayed there a few times when going to concerts...not huge rooms but fine just as a base for the night...breakfast isn't too bad either and I know alot of other people from the North that have used it. In fact last time we stayed there of the 4 tables in use in the dining room for breakfast 3 were being used by people from Caithness!! And we met another couple in the lobby!!

Thanks all,but I am sure there is a travel holiday inn or express up the road near the big white flats that have balconies. Just needing somewhere cheap and cheerful.
    Purrrfect !!

there is a holiday inn but if you google hotels near secc glasgow you will get a lot up hope this helpsx

There is a Travelodge about 5 mins walk, on Paisley Rd. West on the south side of the river, close to the Kingston Bridge. There's also a Harry Ramsden's close by if your hungry. Diagonally opposite on the north side of the bridge there is a Hilton Express/Inn. There is a few small independant hotels/guest houses close to the SECC but suppose a web search on Glasgow area may help more.